• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Waitress, please hold the ice...

Recently I gave a lot of thought about drinking glasses. I always thought it as pansy when people used straws. I started watching servers grip glasses vertically and put them on the table. same hand that touches bottom of serving tray, same tray that rest on whatever they set it on. Now I am going to inspect the Ice cubes. :eusa_clap Hard liquor kills bacteria right? Looks like Jack with my waffles.

I need to show this to my wife. Will give me an excuse to acquire more grilling equipment so we don't have to eat out anymore. :lol:

I need to show this to my wife. Will give me an excuse to acquire more grilling equipment so we don't have to eat out anymore. :lol:

My wife is a freak a about bacteria and cross contamination. If I were to show here this she'd be inspecting every restaurant we go to.

as one who used to clean ice machines: When at a bar, drink beer, and only out of the bottle.

200 fecal colonies? Freaking gross whatever that means.

Douse with hot sauce and I'll be okay

Another vote for that....

as one who used to clean ice machines: When at a bar, drink beer, and only out of the bottle.

This was what I was going to comment on. You all would not believe what is in an ice machine that is not properly taken completely apart and cleaned. I have seen some terrible stuff come out of them, and I mean stuff that would turn your stomach and never have another piece of ice from a machine.

Makes me wonder about the bagged ice, and if and when their machines are cleaned..... :eek:

at least the bagged ice is factory driven. I took a tour of a plant that makes the tube cubes. Clean, other than the constant thought of an amonia explosion... it was cool.

I used to clean a particular ice machine at a low ball strip joint. Every 2 months it would be thick with nicotine stains, yellow/brown sludge on the inside. It'd take me 2 hours to clear it out.

Back