View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keri C View Post
Oh my... I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone tell somebody else to google me!

I'm glad you guys like the beans, but please remember that I wasn't the first one to put fruit pie filling in the bean pot. I don't know who first tried that, other than Jack's Old South down in Alabama (they used peach pie filling in theirs). The first one to try it had to be brave to do it, but I'm sure glad they did!

Keri C
It's not so much the fruit pie filling that does it for me. I love the several layers of complexity of the taste. First impression is sweet. Then you find that there are several different flavors associated with the sweet taste. Just then the heat starts to assert itself and you realize there is some kick to them. Then you are on to another bite, and bam, you get the sweet again just as you realize there is some smoke in the pork bits. That is when it really hits you how good they are.

Those apples are just little gifts that surprise you with how well they go with the taste of beans.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote