• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's your best Ramen noodle concoction?

J

jmoney7269

Tonight in our hometown pool hall Legends some road players came down. It's pretty often that road players stop by since we always do good in Vegas. We got 4th in the world 2 years ago. Anyways to make a long story short I played this guy for 5hrs and broke even. Haven't played a kid this young this good in a lo g time. His name was Justin hall and he plays the Viking tour along the Carolina's and Virginia. He almost beat efren Reyes in moody gardens last year. I felt proud not to loose my azzz to this kid. My backer said to ahead and play him so i had to try him out. Now I'm at home eating one of my new favorite ramen dishes. 3 cups water, 2 ramen packets, a pinch of Adams reserve southwest seasoning and some cilantro. Boy it was good! I know there are some ramen eaters out there, what's your favorite way to jazz it up?
2D2EB846-38F0-43E2-BA67-D8A5391092C0-1102-000001A30A5FDA9A.jpg

EF0B93F4-01AA-4B2F-A2D4-7FF080E16B91-1102-000001A331225CC2.jpg

I like to add a can of salad shrimp to the shrimp flavored ones.

one bag, half packet, sliced smoked spam, soy sauce and sirachi. after that you can add what you want. sometimes mushrooms or cabbage or seaweed or----.
its a great medium for leftovers. eat it about 3 times a week.

Okay quick Aussie question about language?
That looks like instant packet noodles...if so, is that what is called "ramen" in the USA guys?

Okay quick Aussie question about language?
That looks like instant packet noodles...if so, is that what is called "ramen" in the USA guys?

Yes- according to wikipedia- "also known as ramen noodles"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_noodles"]Instant noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Although they usually aren't that much more "instant" than regular noodles when I cook them.

Last edited:
Great medium for leftovers. Any leftover meat, celery, garlic, any veggies laying around. Then some thai chile sauce, beat an egg and stir it in at the last minute. Good stuff.

Go to a big Asian Market and be amazed at all the varieties, it's literally amazing to see how many thousands there are. I like the Mi Goreng Brand. They come with mini crispy fried onions, chili sauce, flavoring oil, soy sauce, and something else I forget about all inside the noodle bag.

If I'm eating Top Ramen though, Ill add soy sauce and some toasted sesame oil and some Sriracha, maybe rice vinegar or a squeeze of lime if I want some tang. If I am not lazy I'll do some chopped green onions and a runny fried egg on top, but that's a rarity. There's a reason I'm eating ramen and more than likely it's because I don't wanna fire up any cooking pans or just really ain't all that hungry. That's why those Mi Goreng ramen are so nice, it's all in there and just dump and eat.

Strangely, I have never added meat to ramen ever. Guess I've always thought the "meat" is in that little packet of powder. There's ground up chicken in there right? :wink:

One pack of Chicken flavored Ramen noodles and add a teaspoon or two of Texas BBQ Rub original. :grin:

I think I've put everything under the sun in them. My favorite is nothing fancy but it it good. Left over brisket and a fatty are the two best IMHO.

Ramen noodles , scallions, and a egg scrambled and couple leaves of fresh kale a favorite of mine for years, and if I have some "Q" that always makes it better .:thumb:

I take them on back packing trips and add a pack of Starkist tuna to the shrimp ones with a little hot sauce. Once on a 30 mile trip at Big Bend National Park I was too worn out to cook on the last night so i just got them wet and sprinkled the packet on them and at it like a big cracker... would not recommend to anyone.

I got somethin' for ya...:wink:

This was my entry in a TD in Week 3... 2011

Hobo Pork Ribs (Alton Brown Style) with Hobo Noodles Right...

Scared you with this photo I think... even though I got no comments... farkers...
DSC_0006_1548.jpg

but nothing I've seen so far was even close to the experience of opening that can...
DSC_0010_1550.jpg

Fark me... it stunk like a cheap can of sloppy cat food..:scared::puke:

DSC_0009_1549.jpg

Now, having taking these ribs out of the can, I realised these were already "fall off the bone tender"... Here they are on a plate.
DSC_0011_1551.jpg

What to do.:confused: These things are never gonna survive 2 minutes on my offset.

Solution... farking hot and farkin fast....

SO I lit the chimney...
DSC_0015_1552.jpg

And once to coals were OK, places a SS grate over the top...

And like Alton with his perfect Steak, Nuked the Pork Ribs...

DSC_0018_1554.jpg

DSC_0022_1555.jpg

DSC_0023_1556.jpg

Then while the pork was "resting", I figured Alton farkin' Brown never did cheap arse Hobo Noodles on HIS Charcoal Chimney!!!:heh::heh::heh:

DSC_0025_1557.jpg

DSC_0026_1558.jpg

DSC_0037_1559.jpg

So, now to the plating... I kept to the simple Asian theme here. Chinese ribs, on noodles in a bowl... farkin winner... even for a hobo.... a hobo never ate so good (Plating SHot Below Chris with the Metho for effect!)

DSC_0038_1560.jpg

A close-up...
DSC_0042_1561.jpg

Now, here's where it gets interesting.

Never explained this to the wife.:shocked:

Nope:shock:

Just cooked it and served it...:shock:

Said NOTHIN! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Then... because it was the next door neighbours wifes 46th birthday celebration today.... laid it on the table.... and Farked off:cool:...

Hey babe.. here's something for you... see you over there later...:cool::cool::cool:

I get back at 9:30pm... quite Smashed:cool:

Wife's in bed asleep.... took this photo!

DSC_0044_1563.jpg

Sorry, no photo's of the wife in bed... that's my business. :cool:

But what you see here is an eaten Hobo Dinner... from the farkin Can!

Plus... a little ingenuity:thumb:

Cheers Farkers!

Bill

Looks like she absolutely loved it according to the picture of the leftovers lol :laugh:

Using the spicy Korean ramen, Shin Ramyun brand... Cook ramen with both spice packet and dried veggie packet. After noodles are cooked through, crack one egg, add to pot (light boil only, a rolling boil will break the egg up into super tiny pieces), stir gently to break it up somewhat. Slice some raw pork tenderloin paper thin, maybe a half dozen pieces. Add to bowl right before serving, and let the broth cook the slices. If you want it extra tangy, add a spoonful of spicy cabbage kimchi right before serving as well.

We'll sometimes use these for noodles when we make stir fry. We haven't used the salt packet, I mean seasoning packet, in years