• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ribs and Corn Maque Choux..PR0N

Everything looks awesome!!! Care to share the corn recipe??!!! I'm on a recipe kick tonight!!!

Everything looks awesome!!! Care to share the corn recipe??!!! I'm on a recipe kick tonight!!!

After reading about 10 recipes on the NET I did this:

(6) ears of sweat corn
(1) small onion finely chopped
(1) each red and green bell pepper finely chopped
(1) stick of butter
(1) Tsp salt and also to taste
(1) small container of heavy cream
Cajun spice, whatever you like I used some of Todd's Dirt Cajun. you can also heat it up with cayenne as you see fit

Cut the kernels of of the ear with a sharp knife. Then use the back of the knife to scrape and milk the cob. Make sure your corn is really fresh. The milk is the secret.

in a large pan melt the butter and saute the onions. Then add the peppers and cook until soft. Add the corn and the seasonings and cook until incorporated. Add cream a tablespoon at a time. You don't want creamed corn just thicken up the mixture you have. Now cook it down a bit and enjoy.

You could add chicken or andoullie sausage to this as well and make it a meal and not just a side. This is really pretty forgiving and lends itself well to your own creativity,

Nice presentation looks damn good. A cajun friend of mine said that in the old days Maque Choux was made with added ingredient of some endangered bird, maybe blue herrin and the Louisiana game warden wouldn't bust you when you killed them he would bust you when you cooked them in a Maque Choux. All he had to do was follow his nose to the fine smell of this dish.

Back