Thread: UDS Lid
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Amazing still tying to make a completly fine thing into something different. There have only been about 10,000 drums bulit with a 2" bung and a 6" long nipple screwed into it. Even though, its still morphing and transforming into other things.

All I have is a couple questions:

How do you keep the water out of your drum?
what about cooking in the rain?
What about that water runing your left over coals?
Do you know moisture in your drum equals mildew & mold?
How do you snuff your coals if your done cooking and still have a 1/2 basket of coals left?
Oh, also: have you ever seen an offset with 20 holes across the top of the cooking chamber or do they mostly have one exhaust opening?

My top is sealed up with a 2" bung & 6" pipe nipple.. I cook right through rain no water in my drums ever.

When im done cooking I shut off the ball valve and screw on the cap on the pipe nipple. there by snuffing out the hot coals. When ready to cook again i lift out the basket shake out the ashes leaving the good coals behind, add a little more coal and fire it up... no waste at all...?
[FONT=Arial][B]Future Smoker [/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!![/FONT]

[SIZE=2]Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985 [/SIZE]
razrbakcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote