Anyone use commercial injections

winochef

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anybody use commercial injection mixes like Butchers? I am going to try their Bird Booster today, or do you make your own?

I tried Butcher's brisket injection once and it was a very good product. I am going to be using it again for the big labor day cookout on the briskets I'm doing for that.

On some store boughts, which are better for many reasons, many people like to eat using them using at half strength and full for comps., where we are going for that second and third bite. Not a plate full. They help a good product get better, not inferior piece into prime. Butcher's and FAB are my favorites and there are plenty more to pick from. When salty,sometimes the rub is on heavy which should be adjusted for if using injections. Great way to impart your flavor profile into the cook. Steve.

Did you use the ratio they suggest? Was it noticeably salty?

I used the ratio they suggested and it wasn't salty. It was very flavorful and moist. I normally will only eat 1-2 slices of the flat and 1-2 slices of the point so I can say that it isn't too salty for that amount. One of my buddies put away 4 slices of the flat and 3 slices of the point, so I dont think it was too asalty for him.

Make my own at home usually, but we use commercial stuff at comps all the time. I just don't spend the money at home.

Can't speak to bird booster myself, but a lot of folks like it.

Blu's Bird Blaster
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 tbl slap ya momma
2 tbl honey
2 tbl cirtus juice, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Tangerine < a mixture just one it's up to you

melt the butter over a low heat whisk in the Honey,Citrus, & Slap Ya momma reduce heat to lowest setting and steep for 20 min, allow to cool for 20 min and inject along the bones and deep in the breasts.

It depends on if I am being lazy that day... I dont mind using cajun butter, but if I feel like experimenting I will make my own injection.

Blu's recipe sounds good. I'll have to give that one a try. I just bought a bunch of Meyer lemons.

^ +1 I agree I am going to try Blu's Bird Blaster as well.

I have used Butcher's in the past, it was good and not salty....

A few months back I switched to OakRidge Game Changer Brine and I use that as my injection with Apple Juice and water. Sometimes I switch out the water with ginger ale for a change.

Sometimes we just look forward to a change once in awhile and not use the same thing all the time...

Back