Customer Always Right??

Grillman40

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok...just had a lady ask me to give her a price on a 150 lb pig (head off) and 2 Turkeys and 2 Briskets. (wierd combo)

Have to cook it there (no problem) and I dont have to serve it.

She told me she asked a friend of mine to cook the pig first but he refused to do it head off. IS HE JUST DUMB OR WHAT?? He told her it messes up the presentation.

I always thought ya try to sway the customer into what you want first but bottom line is they are the customer right??

Customer was never right in my opinion...course, that maybe why I am no longer in business for myself!

We all know that the customer is not always right.
But, they are ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER.
It is in your best interest to accomodate a customer's wishes if you can do so with out compromising your standards.

LOL...I understand that one. I think they are only right....if its in reason and if they are paying the right price!!

I didnt think taking the head off was much of a big deal. Its for a Marine thats retiring so I'm gonna hook it up for her.

If there is no head (and no mouth), where do you put the apple when it is presented on the platter?
:confused: :redface: :eek: :lol:

The head freaks some people out especially kids. Nothing wrong with doing a pig with no head. Get paid brother!

We all know that the customer is not always right.
But, they are ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER.
It is in your best interest to accomodate a customer's wishes if you can do so with out compromising your standards.

I agree, if the customer wants the head off then cook the thing with the head off. I know of a bunch of people, my wife and most of her female relatives included that absolutely refused to let me and my brother in law cook a whole hog with the head on. :roll: But if the customer is paying accomodate them in every way possible. This will ensure your future success.

Sometimes the customer is indeed right.
Right between stupid and ignorant.

For the right price, I'd cook a pig sitting like Budda ... probably need a rotissarie thou.

Cook the schwein with its head on, then cut it off while she's standing there and give her the body.

<OK, I'm going back to my cave...>

Maybe he just didn't want to do it and came up with that as an excuse.

I would say make the customer happy, cook it with the head off, not a big deal, get paid go to the bank and be happy. you just got yourself a great party.

Scotty D

Do not discard the head.

There are great uses for it from Eastern European delights like head cheese, as well as some great authentic mexican dishes that simmer the head for hours.

Its yummy

OK Bill head's in the mail to you....

Ok...just had a lady ask me to give her a price on a 150 lb pig (head off) and 2 Turkeys and 2 Briskets. (wierd combo)

She wants an:

Oin-key-sket

Like a Tur-Duck-en. You stuff the Brisket into the Turkey, then the Turkey into the Pig and tie it up.

I am kidding but I know someone will try it!

I think it would be more fun to cook with the head on, and at serving time lop it off with a big samurai sword.

Back