Chitter Kettle Lamb Chops

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last week The Missus and I were in Florida celebrating her Mom's birthday. It was great to see everyone again, and I prepared a special meal consisting of an oak smoked boneless USDA choice rib roast on the Magic Chitter Kettle. What is a Chitter Kettle?

You can read all about it HERE.

Two nights later, I cooked up some lamb chops on the Chitter Kettle. They had been marinating overnight in olive oil, lots of chopped garlic, rosemary, and S&P.

I cooked them indirect with some oak for about 30 mins, then onto the hot side for a good sear. I didn't take pics of the cook as I had to cook the chops in the garage as we were in the middle of a massive downpour, but I did take pics of the finished product:

The chops were perfectly cooked, and were mighty tasty. The night before we left, I disassembled the Chitter Kettle and into the garage attic it went, where it will stay until our next visit...I think I actually miss that darned Chitter Kettle!

:laugh:

Those look great!

Are you looking for a chitter kettle for home? :-D

Ha! Not really...:biggrin1:

I did think it would be a cool competition to have the contestants given crappy/broken down cookers and then have to improvise on the spot fixes within a fixed period of time and then have to cook on them.

Or maybe just a Chitter Kettle Cook Off!

Looks great as usual Moose. That is easily one of my favorite cuts of meat. And it's not the cooker but the cook.:thumb:

Whoever that fella was that said you need a $10,000 rig and a 2000lb roll of aluminum foil to turn out incredible chow needs tared & feathered.

I did think it would be a cool competition to have the contestants given crappy/broken down cookers and then have to improvise on the spot fixes within a fixed period of time and then have to cook on them.

Actually, that would be fun!

Back