Competition Box Cover

G

GratefulSmoker

Where do you purchase the competition box covers that people were using last night on Pitmasters? I saw a few people using them at contest last year and would like to get one for this year. Thanks!

some(like Trigg's) are homemade, some are casserole carriers and others pizza carriers--have seen the casserole holders at WM--bought a pizz carrier at a rest. supply place but it is a touch big

I've been looking at pizza carriers and have worried that they're just too big; figured
I'd need to stuff them with something so that the box inside doesn't move around too
much. Even then, they're big enough to almost be clumsy. Looking at the insulated
casserole carriers. Anyone have any experience using these (casserole carriers)?
Are they tall/deep enough? Looks like they'll handle a 9x9, but wondering about height
of the box getting smushed.

Ebay

Google: Insulated Casserole Carrier

Shouldn't be too difficult to make.

Heavy piece of fabric (old blanket, sleeping bag, or "quilted" fabric)

Cut a big square of fabric in the shape of a cross. Put the container inside the cross. Fold two of the arms over the container. With the other 2 arms...fabricate some sort of wooden handle (cut out a piece for your hand to slide through).

Then again...just sew on some straps to a cardboard box. Line the box with some towels and viola.

0505casserole200x181.jpg

I heard Tuffy say "grab the board" so I think some of them have a piece of board on the bottom for stability.

Go to our very own merchandise section. They have a non-insulated Brethren carrier for $20.
Fear The Pig.....
ModelMaker

Back