just curious if i am the only one....

I cut three inches off the end of the brisket to get it past the temp controller. It was 2 inches thick at the cut, frozen solid, don't think the hair dryer would have worked. Thawing everything in there wasn't an option.

Did you get a new freezer before everything thawed?

Next time with your new freezer, put the brisket in there still wrapped in its cyrovac package, and it will not freeze to the racks. You probably could have broken it loose by pulling or prying on the point end instead of the flat. Hopefully lesson learned, ( albeit a $500. lesson ).

Blessings, :pray:

Omar

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have blown a hole in the O-Zone the size of Texas. I happen to work in the refrigeration business though. I know that moment when you realize that your power tool just made a hole in a refrigeration line. One of those things you never get used to. Like getting shocked.

One of my favorite kitchen purchases: Amazon.com: Focus Foodservice Commercial Bakeware 13 by 18 Inch 18 Gauge Aluminum Half Sheet Pan: Kitchen & Dining

I use it in the freezer and figure it helps to freeze stuff quicker. (Ever sit on aluminum bleachers on a cold day? :shock: )

Gets a lot of use in general. I just used it earlier this evening.

IMG_20140620_175328.jpg

Get at least two.

For some reason I am a little disturbed (kinda) by that truss job you did on that chicken. I'm confused now.:shocked:

Or "Dude, hold my beer"?

:becky:

That sucks.

Yep, that was my thought "Here Dude hold my beer and watch this"

Would of been a prefect time to defrost said freezer and clean it out, just saying' it would still be living

Looking forward to your write up: "My $30+/lbs brisket cook" :wink:

P.S. Is it too soon to tell you that you need to remember to always cut your brisket against the grain?

Last edited:
Doubt if it would have mattered much. I think all home freezers sold in the US are made by one company, just sold under different brands.

OK, this was supposed to quote the post about buying the freezer at Sears. Do not know what happened to quote.

Ah one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" moments. Lol sorry for your losses dude!

For some reason I am a little disturbed (kinda) by that truss job you did on that chicken. I'm confused now.:shocked:
Should I be concerned that you noticed? :wink:

If you don't tie them up pretty well they'll be flopping around the spit by the time they're done.

I have many stories like that. "At the time, it seemed like a good idea..." I think one of my better moments was when I went up into the attic of my first house. I didn't realize I was looking at the other side of drywall until I went through it. Luckily, I caught myself on one of the rafters and didn't completely fall through.

I got to learn how to repair ceiling drywall....

-phil

I just have total respect for you for sharing this. I would have snuck it out of the garage in the middle of the night, discretely disposed of it, told my wife someone stoled it and bought a new one. No one would have ever known. :)

We've all had those moments. One of mine was last weekend when I was rushing to beat darkness while weed eating the back yard. I figured it would take too long to move the water hose box, so I did a one handed balancing act trying to edge between the box and the deck. Weed eater trim hit the hose box and and bounced back. Into my leg...

Now, there are certain things that your body does when it feels pain like that. The first is that the body jerks away. Well, I jerked my leg and arm back. This caused my hand to clench on the weed eater throttle, sending it from 50% to 100% RPM. Only took a second or two...

Don't try this at home...

Attachments

• 10415642_865601013468165_1941938790082606363_n.jpg
    10415642_865601013468165_1941938790082606363_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 45
Terry, I love your avatar, but the way. Those two muppets are my favorite.

Back