• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tickets released for King of the Smoker

Big Poppa

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
GO to tix.com if you want to go to the King of the Smoker dec 7 and 8 in La California...24 teams cooking the same meat no electricity for 50K! Legends, curent stars and iup an coming teams...$15 for a ticket that includes breakout sessions with the likes of Johnny Trigg, Rod Gray, Chris Lilly, Dan from Three Eyz, Scott from Pig skin...and more $30 buck gets you a poster country breakfast and a tour of the cooks before doors open to the public...special musical guest Andy Mc Kee..and some special guitarists that Im going to surprise you kids with.

www.kingofthesmoker.com
www.tix.com

Its at the la quinta hotel and there is a room package avalable about 40% off with perks.

I heard there was going to be some Simply Marvelous BBQ there as well for the crowds to feast upon.:cool:

That sounds like a heck of a deal and a great way to spend the day!

I am only about 32 hours 25 minutes and 2195.11 miles away :redface:

Darn.

TIM

Ok, I'm a dork...what's a break out session?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Break out sessions are after a keynote speaker or in this case BBQ Legend/ Guru cooks, he/she will give a more intimate class or workshop for a specified amount of time. YMMV

Sounds great! Will Joe be there? :-D

joe is semi confirmed...will know later in the week Andy Mc Kee is playing for the fine guests during the day...A lot of my musical friends will be there

Checking the schedule - I might actually get to make this one.

I really like the rules!

King of the Smoker Official Rules

King of the Smoker is a KCBS Sanctioned event under their competitor's series. This contest will use standard KCBS rules with the following exceptions:

The only cooks allowed to participate are the head cooks of the invited team as listed on the KCBS site as of 10/12/2012 and their established team members. Established team members are members who have cooked with the invited team consistently for the last 9 months or longer. No “ringers” are allowed.
No Electricity allowed to assist in cook.
This includes electricity for: Motors to turn a spit inside of a BBQ pit, Pellet cookers, Stokers, Gurus, or any other pit minders.
Maverick, and Maverick-type remote display thermometers are allowed for food temperature ONLY, as a food safety requirement, and NOT for pit temperature.
Thermapens or other instant read thermometers are allowed, as a food safety requirement.
All Competitors will be cooking the same meat, provided by Big Poppa Smokers.
Numbered meat coolers will be provided to competitors at random, based off of a random drawing.
Each meat cooler will contain:
2 Strube Ranch briskets.
2 Sam's Club Bone-in pork butts.
3 Racks of spare ribs.
8 Chicken quarters (you are allowed to turn in leg, thighs, or both).
All competition meat will be approved and inspected by KCBS officials and King of the Smoker Staff.
No Garnish is allowed in turn in boxes.
Foil will be provided by the contest Reps and must be used. The provided foil shall be placed neatly in the bottom of the turn-in box. The foil shall cover the bottom and sides of the box.
Appearance scoring will be based on the meat only.
KCBS judges and scoring system will be used.
KCBS Contest Officials: Kelly & Kathleen McIntosh.
NO WHINING

Back