• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Aloha from Santa Rosa CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrandonB

Hey everyone what a cool place on the web! I found you guys while looking for info on using my new smoker. I am new to BBQin and smoking because up until about two months ago I lived in an apartment with no room for anything but my little Beefmaster portable gas grill.

After moving into my new place I was originally going to fork over the cash for a Weber Smoky mountain but a co-worker gave me a free CharBroil H2O smoker brand new. I made a few little mods like drilling holes in the bottom and yanking the electric element out and buying a grate so that I could put briquettes or lump charcoal in the bottom. Then I went right to work on some St Louis style ribs about two weeks ago. They came out pretty damn good (see the pic for yourself) :D and trust me they tasted even better than they looked. I used briquettes for those and I just made a pork butt yesterday using lump charcoal. briquettes were easier and more consistant In my case I think.

So there's my two attempts (and successes) at slow cooking so far. Hopefully I'll get to it at least once a paycheck! I'm in love with cooking like this and have named my smoker "infidel" :twisted: cause I hope to stuff as much pig as possible into it in the future! "of course i'll try some chickens and turkeys in between the gloryous swine :D :D :D

Anyway I'm looking forward to soaking up the knowledge here and thanks for helping me provide my family with the best food possible!

Brandon

P.S. How do I upload an avitar to the board?

Welcome Go to profile at the bottom is the Avatar selection. Your ribs look good but sauce ?

the sauce was made from the rub that I used and it tasted yummy. Maybe some folks don't use sauce but I like ribs with a little sauce. I like ribs with dry rub. I like tomato based sauce, mustard based sauce, vinegar based sauce. Any bbq with sauce,dry,foiled,unfoiled, cooked with pellets or wood or lump charcoal or cooked in a pit at a luau. I like it shredded,sliced, on the bone like a caveman, I like your grandpas recipie and the stuff from the guy down the street. I love pork and chicken and beef and hell I'd eat a kangaroo or a snake if you fixed it up right for me. I love all BBQ so don't get on my case about addin a little sauce :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help with the avitar!

Brandon

He yanked out the electric element so he could use charcoal....
I like this guy already. ;)

Welcome aboard, Brandon!

Arlin

Arlin_MacRae said:

Welcome aboard, Brandon!

Arlin

Ditto that. Welcome aboard, enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

so don't get on my case about addin a little sauce

I do everybody so don't go feeling special. BTW I like sauce to. :mrgreen:

Neil said:
Arlin_MacRae said:

Welcome aboard, Brandon!

Arlin

Ditto that. Welcome aboard, enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

That caught my eye too. Welcome Brandon.

Don't worry that you like sauce. I like my ribs wet and sticky too.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome Brandon, and don't let anyone give you POOPIE about your wet ribs. At least you waited and put it on at the end, instead of the poor dumb farkers that cake it on in the beginning and burn the crap out of it. :oops:

Santa Rosa!! Nice! Welcome to the board! Live in the Bay Area for a long time. Wifey (and her fam) is from Napa so I am VERY familiar with that area. Might have to share some Q next time I am there. Again, Welcome!

Welcome aboard, Brandon!

Ain't nothing wrong with sauce. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back