Warrensburg, MO Johnson county Fair BBQ

C

clubjoe

Jeff with Big Creek BBQ and Lee from Sloppy Q teamed up this weekend and it proved to be a deadly combo. The Brethan took no prisoners as they took the Grand Championship. They got a first in Chicken, and Pork. Took a 6th in Ribs and took 6th in Brisket. Oh by the way Jeff's wife Tammy took 2nd in dessert. And to top the whole weekend off Jeff and Tammy's daughter Taylor won the Kid's Q. What a weekend for the Stith's. and Lee. WOW!!! Jeff with KC Can Crew came in a close 3rd overall and my team R Butts R Smokin took 7th overall. Congrats Jeff and Lee you deserve this!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job Sloppy Creek!

Will we see Sloppy Creek at the Royal?

Well Well! Looky who showed up to cook! :wink: Shaved chicken and all! :twisted:

Absolutely one farkingly huge CONGRATS to Sloopy Creek for their results this weekend!

I applaude your performance this weekend........and Lee.....nice job keeping Jeff on task this weekend! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Seriously, I'm extremely happy for you all! Congrats to Tami and Taylor as well!

Nice job Big Sloppy !

Congrats to all.

Did the rain hold off ?

Randy, I was all set to head west this morning but I had a little situation that needed my attention asap.

Congrats Jeff and Lee, it was great to see you win. Randy, you were a great neighbor, thanks to you and Jeff T. for all your help (and the use of the super fast orange thermopen).

Congrats Sloppy Creek way to go. For the record I talked to Jeff at Peculiar and he said "I am taking a break" Well your break was well deserved. Way to go Tammy and Taylor. Something tells me that Sloppy Creek will be entering a contest again real soon!

Guess I have to pick up my own Shiner Sunday morning this year! Congrats!

Thanks guys! Lee and I put our all into that contest and most important of all, we stayed sober! LOL! Kind of ironic that the two guys who "over-indulged" the most at this event last year would team up to win it this year. :lol: May never win again but now we know how a lot of you guys and gals feel. We're just lucky we got the right tables this time. Looking forward to the Royal!

Randy, you were a great neighbor, thanks to you and Jeff T. for all your help (and the use of the super fast orange thermopen).

OK to end all the debate... Lee has an orange Therma-Pen. I have a red one. We both plunged them into a brisket flat at the same moment and mine maxed out about one to two seconds before Lee's orange one did. My red one was also one degree higher than Lee's orange one, so the reds are more accurate! :wink::lol:

OK to end all the debate... Lee has an orange Therma-Pen. I have a red one. We both plunged them into a brisket flat at the same moment and mine maxed out about one to two seconds before Lee's orange one did. My red one was also one degree higher than Lee's orange one, so the reds are more accurate! :wink::lol:

No Pics Didn't Happen!
Orange is still the fastest

On a more serious note, thanks guys the pats on the back mean a lot coming from you all and it was a good time cooking with Jeff.

You guys rule!

Congrats guys! I had a ton of fun this weekend hangin out with you all... Nobody deserves it more than you. Keep it up!!!

Way To Go Sloppy Creek !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Jeff and Lee. You guys earned it. Aint it a GREAT feeling getting your name called last? Looking forward to cookin the ROYAL invitational with ya.

Chris

Back