Trial run in my UDS...

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well, doing the last preps on the UDS, and ready for my first smoke... Just giving back a little QUE to all the people that helped me get the drums, wood etc...(I'm using Lychee wood this weekend)
I will be doing pork butts, for pulled pork, or just slicing it up, anyone care to share a sure proof-eye popping recipe-and techniques?
I think I've watched Bigmistas video about 10 times already...:eek:

Thanks

Roy

i find its better to slowly bring temps up than get it to 250+ and try to bring it down. I also close my valves before taking the lid off, and try to keep that to as short of a time as possible.

Put your favorite rub on the butts, fire up the cooker and sit back and relax. Ed.

I start fat down and turn after 2 hours keeping the temp between 230° and 260°. Then turn. 3 or 4 hours later I will turn again unless the color tells me to turn sooner. Then I just wait for them to let me know they are ready. If you like to baste, do it when you turn. Your drum will cook faster that other pits, so keep that in mind.

57b22880.jpg

b0249bcd.jpg

e352a471.jpg

Tony, you're killing me! I can't compete with you and Deez! But I will take pictures, I won't cook until Friday night, I sent Deez some of the in progress ones...
No welding just cut, cut, snip, snip... :p

Back