THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Hey Farks, got a new fridge/freezer this afternoon. Im wondering what your thoughts are on the temp for the fridge and the freezer? Book doesnt really say. Thank god its printed in 3 different languages though.

Any thoughts?

Mike:idea:

Well you don't want the fridge above 40* and certainly not below 32*
Go from there.

Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

bbqbull said:
Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

Can you contol the freezer and fridge temps seperatly? For me, I run my fridge as cold as possible without freezing-bottom shelve is 34 degrees, top is 37. I will run my freezer as cold as possible, in my case with the Kitchenaid, it is about -10 degrees.
I run my deep freeze as cold as possible too. My new freezer is at -35 tonight.

BTW, with my fridge running at 34 degrees on bottom shelve, the meat locker is at 30 degrees.

our new fridge has digital settings. I keep the fridge @ 36 and the freezer at -8. Thats the default settings on the front panel.

If I stay below 40 in the kitchen fridge I'm happy, so I don't have to worry about getting greens too cold or freezing eggs as someone mentioned.

The beer fridge, and where I usually start thawing meat a week or more in advance is between 33-35 if left unopened for a while.

Back