View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Is that a joke? You're going to have to explain. I've been led to believe that pine in the firebox is a major no no, because pine has a lot of nasty tar in it.

The other issue is a UDS w/ diffuser isn't the easiest thing to add wood/charcoal to.
It sounds like you want to talk yourself out of the UDS and If you want to talk yourself out of a UDS i'm sure you can do it. For me the biggest advantage i see in mine is that i'm cooking directly over a live fire with out a bowl or cast iron pan in between the drippings and the fire. Since you're not taking advantage of that flavor and don't like the refueling then you should get a pitmaker.

I've never ran out of fuel .. if it's cold and windy i'll block the wind and or wrap it, just plan for the occasion. Planning is the most important thing to a cook and if it goes bad there's only one person to blame and you know who that is. Make yourself happy and get the pitmaker.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->