Anyone going to MIM?

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know the Memphis in May BBQ Comp is coming up, just curious if any Brethren will be going......I've never been, but I hear mixed things-- a friend from Memphis says it aint what it used to be.....

backyardchef said:
I know the Memphis in May BBQ Comp is coming up, just curious if any Brethren will be going......I've never been, but I hear mixed things-- a friend from Memphis says it aint what it used to be.....

Having competed in MIM back in the early 90's, I would second what your friend said. Even back then I always thought the smaller competitions around Memphis were a lot more fun.

I was just there 30 minutes ago and I'd say it's still a very good time. I'm not sure what is missing from days past but it can't be much.

Doc....you're right, it's still a lot of fun. Especially when you can go down and enjoy the hospitality of a friend's team on a Thurs/Fri night. And it's not the fact that anything is missing, it's just the opposite. There's a lot more of everything, including rules and restrictions. I won't go into a rant because it's my own personal opinion, it's just a lot more commercialized now than in days past.

Back