• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Remove spray paint from red weber kettle

Bmwcrazyman

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a red weber kettle but, someone spray painted the lid to look like a lady bug. There are about 12 black spots spray painted on it. How can I remove the spray paint but not damage the red original exterior? Thanks for any help in advance

I kinda doubt you can and get the results you want, keeping it shiny and original. Any reason you can't live with painting the complete lid in High Temp Black?

I painted the lid of my SJ (mini) with red caliper paint. It looks great. The bottom not so good.

I would just repaint the top :)

Been there, done that. Get a bottle of Goof Off or Goo Gone. The paint comes off, but the porcelain enamel is fine.

Once you get the paint off, use some Meguair's Fine Cut polish to get the shine back on the kettle.

Be patient. The paint will come off, and you will be able to polish your kettle to a nice shine.

CD

I kinda doubt you can and get the results you want, keeping it shiny and original. Any reason you can't live with painting the complete lid in High Temp Black?

Painting a Weber Kettle is pointless, IMO. You are painting over porcelain. It is NOT going to last. Besides, the OP is talking about a redhead -- the sacred cow of Webers.

Yes, he CAN get it shiny and close to original. It will take some elbow grease, but it will be well worth it.

Painting a redhead with high-temp black paint is all kinds of wrong.

CD

Thank you so much exactly what I was looking for. I hope to pick it up tomorrow as long as it is in the condition seller says it is.

Painting a Weber Kettle is pointless, IMO. You are painting over porcelain.

CD

My mistake I have never owned a Weber and assumed it was just High Temp Paint.
I am glad you were able to give his the right advise.

yea, you can use laquer thinner or a one sided razor blade and carefully scrape off the paint. or use some 000 steel wool. been there, done that. that porcelain is tuff stuff.

Back