• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

After 12 years my chargriller is done

Digger038

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After 12 years of being outside my chargriller has had it. Was goimg to get another one to replace it, but boy are they made cheap now. Still want another offset, but that will come later. Got this yesterday :grin::mrgreen::clap:

Attachments

• mine 136.jpg
    mine 136.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 193
Only saw them online not upclose. Stopped on the way home from work yesterday at a store that I have never been in. Almost fell over it, there was light, angels sang and i knew that I had to have it. Bad news is, that with my schedule, it might be a week or two before I can play with it.

I'm tipping a Heineken to mourn your loss and celebrate the new score. Seems everything's in balance.

I know the feeling i'm stuck at work on OT when i should be grilling or smoking or something:mmph:
I love it when a plan comes together! Nice pickup!

Allow me to answer your first few questions of your first cook on that baby right now.

1. No, the thermometer is not broken or stuck. It's the WSM holding temps. Relax, have another beer.

2. No, you don't have to add fuel every hour. It's the WSM being very miserly with fuel use. Relax, have another beer.

3. No, you are not unneeded during a long cook. It's nothing personal, it's just the WSM being a WSM. Relax, and find someone sober to go buy more beer.

We'll be right here if you have any other questions. :becky:

Last edited:
always sad to read about another faithfull grill going to the rust heaven.
but also great to read of a new love.

That's like getting dumped at the altar by Kathy Bates and on the way home meeting Keira Knightely. You've moved up considerably. Congrats.

Back