View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Default It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's a Big Farking Sandwich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
My son turned 3 on the 20th and we had his party at the house on Sunday. I've only done pulled chuckie's once before and I thought this would be a good opportunity to go for number two.

I started out with 2-4lb chuck roasts. One I hit with SM Peppered Cow and the other got a dose of Oakridge Black Ops.

I wasn't sure about my timeline with these things since I've only done this one time before and my note taking is a little lacking to say the least.

So I filled the egg with lump and hickory and fired it up to around 235* and threw them on at 2 am. I figured I'd go low and slow in hopes of getting a good nights sleep.

Turns out I was wrong about the sleeping part. I set the alarm on my maverick to 165*, which happened right around 5 am. At that point they looked like this.

Luckily I had thought ahead and pre-chopped the onions and peppers and also made up the Au-jus ahead of time. I used this stuff in lieu of stoudt, with the kids and all. THIS was a good move for sure.

I covered the pans with foil, reset the Maverick to 195* and went back to bed, and by back to bed, I mean back to the couch of course.

Then at 6:30am....beep, beep, beep, beep....and I'm like for the love of god, I thought this was slow and low!!! I'm trying to get some sleep over here!

I stumbled out and uncovered the pans, tried to shred the beef and no sir...tough as all get out. Covered them again, set the alarm to 205* back to bed...I mean couch.

Next thing you know I've got kids jumping all over me, I look over and the Maverick says 216* or something like that...Fark! I must have used the snooze button so I go out to check the beef and...Yes! It's pulling like butter. I shred up the beef with a couple forks and left it on the smoker uncovered to reduce for a few hours.

While that was happening I made up some ABT's and sweet ABT's for an appetizer.

I forgot to get finished pics of those.

Stock Photo:

I picked up some nice kaisers from a local bakery and everyone at the party got busy on the beef sammies.

So anyway, about that Big Farking Sandwich....

I needed a good base for the sandwich so despite a few odd glances from the partygoers, I threw on a turkey burger from the freezer that I had mixed up with some foil hat a couple weeks ago.

Slice of provolone.

Oh yeah, I also cooked some chicken thighs that I de-boned and hit with some some Big Butz Chicken Dust.

Pile on the beef.

a couple ABT's and a nice long hot pepper and now you have a Big Farking Sandwich.

We also had some cake, superhero style of course.

Now that I've showed you mine, it's your turn to show me yours! Head on over to the Big Farking Sandwich Throwdown and get your entry in, you have until next Sunday!

Thanks for looking!

That would be heartburn on a bun for me, but I would eat the FARK out of it.

Thanks from:--->