Valentines Day

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What are you all cooking for your beautiful wives this valentines day? I want to do something amazing but I haven't settled on anything yet and am running out of time.

Still working out the details (guess I better figure it out quick) but so far I'm planning on a wild rice stuffed chicken breast for the missus, either a bacon wrapped filet or a strip steak for me and then a couple of grilled lobster tails.

I'm still trying to figure out the side dishes, may go with something simple like baked potatoes rubbed down with butter and kosher salt. I'm just hoping the two of us can actually sit down and eat a hot meal together, recently we had our first baby (4 months old now) and he controls the eating schedule. :mrgreen:

Thick cut strips and ribeyes, scallops, lobster, halibut, wild rice, asparagus with hollandaise sauce! For wife and the kiddos!

Appetizer:
Caramelized onion on toasted baguette with prosciutto wrapped melon
Entree:
Chicken Oscar
Side:
Wild mushroom risotto
Dessert:
Roasted pear with fig and white wine reduction

Yes it is a little heavy on the starch, but that is what she wants...

All I can say after reading the above posts is...WOW.

I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum. :-D

Request for Crablegs and ABTs -her favorite. Nice London Broil for me and the kids. Some grilled asparagus and a baked potato. Hopefully I'll get some dessert.

Our V-day tradition for almost 10 years now has been fried chicken. Usually just KFC or the like :twisted:

Green chili cheeseburgers (bunless) avocado, grilled onions, nacho jalapeno slices,with fresh Hatch GC, rotel dip. Beer for me, a reduced vodka 1/2 jigger Moscow Mule for the wife made with sugar free Ginger Beer.

My GF requested chimichurri steaks "of some kind" so decided to check the butcher and either do ribeyes or NY strips APL style with a chimichurry board sauce and either roasted broccoli or roasted brussels sprouts with bacon. I'm genuinely shocked she didn't request lobster rolls.

Going to grill up some New York strips w/ sweet potatoes and some roasted asparagus

She loves lamb chops, so that's what she'll get, with tzatziki sauce made at home. Thinking of baked apples vs. chocolate cake type of thing for dessert

Still working out the details (guess I better figure it out quick) but so far I'm planning on a wild rice stuffed chicken breast for the missus, either a bacon wrapped filet or a strip steak for me and then a couple of grilled lobster tails.

I'm still trying to figure out the side dishes, may go with something simple like baked potatoes rubbed down with butter and kosher salt. I'm just hoping the two of us can actually sit down and eat a hot meal together, recently we had our first baby (4 months old now) and he controls the eating schedule. :mrgreen:

I'm in the same boat. Our first is just over 6 months now. It seems like about once a week we get to have a hot meal together.

I'm doing duck breasts tomorrow night. Still deciding on the sides.

I'm just hoping the two of us can actually sit down and eat a hot meal together, recently we had our first baby (4 months old now) and he controls the eating schedule. :mrgreen:

Same situation here. We have an 8 month old, but she was just over 3 months old on our first wedding anniversary and we had to hope and pray to be able to make it through the meal without a fuss....all went well.

Now she sits and eats with us or we eat after she's in bed and it makes dinner way easier.

Grilling up a rosemary pork tenderloin with some veggies. Desert....some frozen trader joe's chocolate lava cakes (not good at making desert) they are actually good.

Back