• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WSM Mini with Jumbo Joe

you would have to find a properly sized pot- that might be a problem

True, but in the short time I've been here, I've seen brethren turn barrels, propane tanks, trailers & everything in between into functioning smokers that turn out fabulous q.

I'm convinced that its a matter of "when," not "if."

I've only seen a handful of reviews on the Jumbo Joe period. I really thought there would be more.

30gallon drums fit the Jumbo Joe perfectly and you can make a Jumbo mini with it. I have seen several pictures of them when i was searching for Jumbo mini's

30gallon drums fit the Jumbo Joe perfectly and you can make a Jumbo mini with it. I have seen several pictures of them when i was searching for Jumbo mini's

I'd like to see that!

I have a 30 gallon and my Gen1 SJP would not fit on it. Not that I would have wanted to make one but at least I tried it on. I ended up cutting up a rustbucket 18" kettle and welding the flange on the drum so the lid would fit on it.

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

My drum was to large in diameter, if you can find one that fits good luck.

Probably because the Jumbo Joe was pretty hard to find until its revival for this year. Add to that the problem of 30gallon drums being pretty rare and you have a scarcity of midi WSM's.

I bought a Pro-q stacker off of eBay that fits well on my old Jumbo Joe, not sure if it fits on the new ones. It has to be inverted to fit but it works. Sorry, no link but you can just search on eBay.

Got any links aawa.

Probably because the Jumbo Joe was pretty hard to find until its revival for this year. Add to that the problem of 30gallon drums being pretty rare and you have a scarcity of midi WSM's.

Add to that, the 18.5 WSM which is the same size. The mini-WSM at 14.5 fit my desire for a smaller smoker. Perfect for a couple of chickens, small turkey or medium size brisket. My original motivation was to have something for small smokes to try different smoking woods w/out committing an entire smoke in the 18.5 WSM to a test. Had Weber sold a smaller product I would have added one to my collection. (In fact they did at one time, but I have never seen one on sale and if one showed up now, the price on CL or eBay would probably be prohibitive.)

30 gallons drums are scarcer than Jumbo Joes/Smokey Joe Platinums for me.

The new SJP's have the vent on the bottom, which I'm not a fan of on the 14" SJ's.

IMG_5444.jpg

would it be a "mini"? isn't the jumbo joe the same size as an 18.5 WSM without the barrell?

i suppose one could call weber to get an 18.5 WSM barrell. my concern would be due to the volume the single intake may hinder proper airflow.

Back