• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

XL BGE Table Plans?

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The clouds parted, destiny struck and my wife ok'd the purchase of an XL BGE. The question now is building a table. I am a relatively handy woodworker and look forward to the task of building my own table. Does anyone have experience with this and if so do you have copies of plans to share?

There is a set of plans on Nakedwhiz's site, but not sure which size it is for. Also many pictures if you are looking to build something more than basic.

No plans but I hope the picture helps. I still have more things to add such as tool holders etc.

Attachments

• GrillTable_porkstarting.jpg
    GrillTable_porkstarting.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 189
I built one but my plans" evolved" as i went along so i have to go back and figure out which measurements i actually used. Which part specifically do you need? I know for me the hard parts were deciding the diameter of the hole relative to how deep in the table i was going to put the egg, then figuring for table top thickness and thickness of the stone it rests on.

There's plenty of info out there on the large, but i had a heck of a time finding anything useful about the xl. The bge website has some measurements but i needed more than that.

I have a large Kamado Joe but hope to buy an XL one of these days. I've been looking around for ideas on a table to build that will accomodate an XL if/when the time comes.

After grilling on the KJ for a few weeks I've decided that my ideal table has to have cabinet like doors and be very weather resistant. I want to be able to hide the charcoal, bbq tools, ash bucket, grates, chimney, etc... Not only does the table have to be weather resistant it needs to have a top that will withstand hot greasy spills, hot pizza stones, hot grates, etc...and still be easy to clean and maintain.

I'm all ears for a good outdoor table plan.

I have a large Kamado Joe but hope to buy an XL one of these days. I've been looking around for ideas on a table to build that will accomodate an XL if/when the time comes.

After grilling on the KJ for a few weeks I've decided that my ideal table has to have cabinet like doors and be very weather resistant. I want to be able to hide the charcoal, bbq tools, ash bucket, grates, chimney, etc... Not only does the table have to be weather resistant it needs to have a top that will withstand hot greasy spills, hot pizza stones, hot grates, etc...and still be easy to clean and maintain.

I'm all ears for a good outdoor table plan.

I have similar requirements for my table, and I'd also like to have it prewired for task lighting and accomodate both a L and XL. I've worked on some plans, but it's slow going since I haven't even gotten the other Egg yet. If you come up with anything good, please share.

Yeah, I don't know. I kicked the idea around of a couple oak, unfinished kitchen cabinets and have a granite top made with the egg cutout. Lots of Varathane, cut off the bases, 3/4" wolmanized plywood and some casters...but...I'll always be dealing with the wood and the weather.

I'm kinda' looking for a 6', stainless steel work table that I can modify. It'll be expensive to have a hole cut but it'll clean up nicely and will never need sanding or stain. Restaurants go out of biz all the time...

....at the end of the day I still want it to be functional, AND look nice.

Perhaps an unachievable goal ?

Back