View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Default Trying no-foil ribs for the first time - Popdaddy's hot and fast weeping ribs maybe?

Howdy brethren.

Will be trying no-foil babybacks tomorrow for the first time. I've seen Popdaddy's hot and fast weeping ribs method video and thought it looked interesting.

I was wondering how long that method takes? I know it's done when its done, but I would like to know a ballpark figure, running the UDS at 275-300, so I can plan dinner time accordingly.

2-1-1 with babybacks has worked well in the past, but the last time I think the UDS ran a little hot and the ribs were overdone - bones slid right out. Guests loved them, I was not so impressed.

I would like to do a no-foil rib cook now, plus I figured it would involve less opening of the lid, etc. So any tips re: times, temps, spritzing, etc would be welcome.

Oh, I'm also doing beef oxtails, a fatty, and prolly some ABT's. Thinking of using cherry, in memory of kcquer (did not know him, but feels like the right thing to do to honor the brethren spirit).

Can't wait to get the smoke going!
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote