• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Problem with CyberQ Wifi setup

North Is Up

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just received a CyberQ Wifi today and I'm having problems getting it to deliver a web page.

It's a very laborious, but not difficult, setup to enter the settings in to set up wifi. You have to scroll through the alphabet upper and lower case and numbers getting to the one you want. Anyhow, my plan is to use it in infrastructure mode with a reserved internal DHCP address within 20 feet of an access point. No problem with signal at that location. However, it doesn't present a web page no matter what I do, but it is on the network and it does receive the reserved IP address and proper subnet mask, DNS setting and default gateway. It's been rebooted and returned to factory defaults and set up again and again.

First question for other CyberQ Wifi users: Should it respond to a ping? The one that I have doesn't which may explain the lack of a web page.

I don't see a setting anywhere to turn on / off the web interface, so I'll assume it's on all the time.

That's where I am sitting right now. For the record, it doesn't deliver a web page in Ad Hoc mode, either. I connect to the SSID, but can't get any further there. The IPs were in the same subnet.

Looks defective to me. Uh, oh. Support call tomorrow coming up. :mad:

--North Is Up

If you cannot Ping it 127.127.0.1, it will not connect. I do not have a CyberQ but makes no difference, it is just a wireless device. So you entered your WEP or WPA key into the unit to access your router? You are protected, correct? Also, depending on what other security measurements you have setup. Is the MAC address of the unit listed in your Routers allowed list?

If you are certain it is on your network and you can see the MAC address of your CyberQ in your DHCP allocations, then yes, at that point it should be responding to a ping. The web server in it is very slow though and having more than one browser attempting to view the main status page can cause it to struggle a bit.

See if you can hit the status page directly http://YOURCYBERQIP/status.xml - that page serves up much more quickly than the main page.

If you cannot Ping it 127.127.0.1, it will not connect. I do not have a CyberQ but makes no difference, it is just a wireless device. So you entered your WEP or WPA key into the unit to access your router? You are protected, correct? Also, depending on what other security measurements you have setup. Is the MAC address of the unit listed in your Routers allowed list?

127.127.0.1 is not a valid IP address and I doubt it would work from anywhere. 127.0.0.1 is the internal loop back IP and would only work from the device itself and I doubt the CyberQ has the ability to ping so he would be attempting to ping from a different device in which case he needs to use the assigned IP and not the internal loop back IP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'm not making myself clear. I'm not trying to port forward, just trying to get the local CyberQ wifi to respond to a ping or serve up a webpage. It's not doing that.

I can see the unit on the network. I see the MAC address of it on the router. Also, you can tell if the unit is connected because the arrow lights on the CyberQ Wifi light up when connected. If I change the reserved IP on the router for the CyberQ Wifi, the CyberQ Wifi gets the new address, so I know that it's configured correctly. It just doesn't do anything when I try to ping it or connect to it via http.

do arp -a , maybe you can see the IP associated with that mac

127.127.0.1 is not a valid IP address and I doubt it would work from anywhere. 127.0.0.1 is the internal loop back IP and would only work from the device itself and I doubt the CyberQ has the ability to ping so he would be attempting to ping from a different device in which case he needs to use the assigned IP and not the internal loop back IP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oop's typo on the IP, 127.0.0.1 is correct. Like I said I do not have one. I assumed it could be connected to a Laptop or Desktop via a USB and then setup for wireless connectivity from there. I am much better when things are in my hands than trying to explain my random thoughts. I should not offer help on things I know nothing about.

Problem solved. I connected the CyberQ Wifi to an older wireless access point (Netgear WG602), vice my wireless router (WNDR3700), and now it works. I set up a second SSID for the AP so that the CyberQ Wifi wouldn't try to connect to the router again.

There was nothing that I could do to make it talk directly to the router, but with an older access point it had no problem. It was just not handshaking with the newer model router.

Thanks for listening. Now, let's cook.

I have the same router, and it's not working for me either. I do have an AP lying around here...I will give that a try.

Same router. Same problem. Also with DLink DWL-G700AP access point.:hand:

Linksys WCG200 used as an access point is working.:thumb:

One thing I wanted to add here, which isn't obvious is that the CyberQ II only works on a B network, so If you have setup your access point for G only or n only or N and G only, then it won't work. I wasted about a day until I figure that out.

One thing I wanted to add here, which isn't obvious is that the CyberQ II only works on a B network, so If you have setup your access point for G only or n only or N and G only, then it won't work. I wasted about a day until I figure that out.
Yeah I wish they had used a different wifi radio in the CyberQ Wifi as well. I understand why they liked 802.11b, as the Guru team prioritized range over bandwidth.

Still, I wish they had chosen a radio that was capable of 802.11g and 802.11n, so we could choose which wifi standard we prefer to use.

Back