• Spagetti Pesto with Roasted Garlic & Savory bacon

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So tonight felt like the show "Chopped" :heh: The wife's on her way home from the in-laws with our baby boy and my Hunny's hungry so I offer up dinner. I have 30 minutes... GO! lol :heh: In my basket I have Roasted garlic and Savory bacon, made both recently & I've been dying to try them out.

10269907.jpg

6fb8a2c3.jpg

So I put some water on to boil for the pasta & diced a couple slices of the bacon up...
fbe17d48.jpg

Grabbed some Sweet basil, parsley, oregano and a scotchie from the garden threw them in the food processor and added parmesan, the roasted garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, a touch of smoked sweet paprika a healthy glugg of EVOO and buzzed it:
fb22ed58.jpg

b3a2fdf3.jpg

Fry up the bacon:
d7c2941f.jpg

Added the pesto and the pasta to the mix...
dc4164bf.jpg

Hmmm need something to go on top... I've used parmesan already... hmmm AHA!
e962130e.jpg

aa82f4d6.jpg

ad3635ce.jpg

DING DING DING... Wifey's happy, I WEEEEN! :boxing::clap2::crazy:
Was actually pretty darn good I must say! Lol :thumb:

Well thanks for looking.
Cheers!

Awsome dish of pasta right there. Great pics as usual, and the chashews had to put it over the top.
You sir advance to the next round!

Pesto is one of my favorite things.

Never considered bacon, but then again, everything is better with the pig, right?

Love the roasted garlic option.

I usually use pistacio's (traditional recipe calls for pignoli's) in the pesto itself.

Very nice dish you made there.

Pesto is one of my favorite things.

Never considered bacon, but then again, everything is better with the pig, right?

Love the roasted garlic option.

I usually use pistacio's (traditional recipe calls for pignoli's) in the pesto itself.

Very nice dish you made there.

LOL was about to reply... "NO, traditionally they use Pine Nuts!!!" :crazy: then I looked it up! haha :heh:

Thanks for the kind words... :becky:

Let 's get this straight.

You had 30 minutes... and took pics?????

Is that good or bad??? :wink:

Cheers

Wow, that looks and sounds wonderful! I'm sure the wife was VERY happy!

What a nice touch with the cashews on top. Awesome idea that I will steal for sure. Did you use pine nuts in the pesto, or the cashews or sans both?

Back