Peanut butter and jelly

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know it's not Q but it's not fair to start it off in Woodpile as Wyatt wont see it.

How about a picture of everyones best PB & J sammich or any ideas using peanut butter or jelly?

* I have such a craving for one with a big ice cold glass of grape Kool-Aid *

I really like a grilled PB & J. I start off with adding butter to the bread, then putting it in a cast iron skillet to toast, once you have one side toasted on each piece of bread, pull it off, add jelly to toasted side and peanut butter with a little ancho chile powder to the other toasted side, put together and then add more butter in the pan and grill one side and then flip...but be carefull on the flip as it can be slick.

We need pics people!!!!

We need pics people!!!! We need pics people!!!! We need pics people!!!! I will snap one off tonight of toasted peanut butter and Jelly Pie......

Right now...I could use some interesting ideas for PBJs. My girls start school tomorrow and they won't eat lunch meat (fine with me...too much sodium), so peanut butter sandwiches is what they will get. Now we will be switching it up with Nutella somedays.

They can't wait until I start making my fall soups so they can take leftovers to lunch. But its still too hot right now.

We need pics people!!!! We need pics people!!!! We need pics people!!!! I will snap one off tonight of toasted peanut butter and Jelly Pie......

Okay, it's not lunch time, but since I'm working from the home office today I can eat now...

Skippy Super Crunchy Peanut Butter, Smuckers Seedless Blackberry Jam, Fritos Corn Chips, and two homemade White Chocolate Chip-Macadamian Nut Cookies...
pbj1.jpg

Up Close and personal:
pbj3.jpg

What the heck...one more...
pbj2.jpg

The cookies look great!

So does the sandwich :-D

I use the Dennis The Menace mod for Peanut Butter sandwiches... Peanut butter and sweet pickles on raisin bread. Sounds strange, but it tastes great!

I keep PBJ in the shop just in case I get the nibbles before dinner... I like `em folded over instead of using two pieces of bread.

This one is Honey Wheatberry bread (nice and soft... fresh!) with Skippy Super Chunk Honey Roasted PB and Smuckers Grape. No store brand stuff!

And a couple big glugs off the milk jug to wash it all down! No glass required!

pbj.JPG

You know you are getting old when a picture of a PBJ sammich counts as pr0n...

Hey Larry, not nearly enough PB or GJ!!!!!!!!!!
But the cookies do loooooook goooooood!!!!!!!!

Anyone have chipotle jelly? Those are smoked, that should add some Q-talk legitimacy to the thread!

Hey Larry, not nearly enough PB or GJ!!!!!!!!!!
But the cookies do loooooook goooooood!!!!!!!!

There was plenty of peanut butter on there for me. I've never been a "heaping" PB kind of guy.

OK - Peanut butter/jelly or peanut buter/jelly/peanut butter - I don't mind the jelly soaking into the bread, but I know that's an issue for lots of people.

Peanut butter has to be on both pieces of bread. You have create a PB blanket for the jelly shield the bread from sogginess.

:-DI like to go Elvis on my PBJ's and add "naner" slices. I also like to use Potato Bread with raspberry or chunky apricot preserve. Sorry no pics! Glass of ice cold milk is standard too.

Okay, it's not lunch time, but since I'm working from the home office today I can eat now...

Skippy Super Crunchy Peanut Butter, Smuckers Seedless Blackberry Jam, Fritos Corn Chips, and two homemade White Chocolate Chip-Macadamian Nut Cookies...
pbj1.jpg

Up Close and personal:
pbj3.jpg

What the heck...one more...
pbj2.jpg

I like the Fritos combo. Fritos and cottage cheese is another fav of mine!!

Back