Drago's style oysters (in the SS shells)

We don't start eating fl oysters until October when the water cools down, but this has got me ready for that first bushel!

I follow the rule of not eating oysters unless the month has an R in it to ensure the water has cooled down like you do.

that looks perfect. dead on 100% perfect I tell ya. My favorite way to eat oysters. I only worry about the R month thing for raw oysters. If you are going to cook them, you are okay 12 months out of the year.

I've wanted to start a thread on this for a while now as I do a lot of these at home. Thanks for the thread deepsouth. I have been searching for an alternative for the natural shells, but these ss ones really do seem very pricey. I found these, they are actually clam shells but should work the same. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/small-foil-clam-food-shell/682L102P.html. They come 250 a box for under $20, ........thoughts?

I would do dishes and clean your whole hose for that matter.....just to sample a few of those beauties! Man, King Neptune himself would be honored to eat those!

I follow the rule of not eating oysters unless the month has an R in it to ensure the water has cooled down like you do.

i don't follow that rule either. i probably eat more in summer not R months come to think of it, because that's when we go to the condo most often.

Back