• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

McRib & Fries, in honor of the Poobah

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A few food bloggers are making McRib sandwiches this weekend to say thanks to Phil for all that he's done. It may sound sappy, but he's a great guy in more ways than just starting and keeping this site going. He's personally helped me through some tough stuff over the time I've been around, and I thought it was a good idea to just say thanks, and to make a great rib sandwich!

I didn't try to exactly copy what Phil has done in the past... I made my ribs with a farmhouse chutney instead of rub, then used a fig finishing sauce instead of bbq sauce. Instead of plain old pickles, I used a spicy dill pickle kraut made locally, and served it all on a baguette that was grilled.

6019699511_fea8047be4_b.jpg

Along with the sandwich, I made duck fat fries with rosemary and fleur de sel salt. Good stuff.

6020250690_76c1109147_b.jpg

6020250252_04d61eeaef_b.jpg

Very nice!:cool: I had no idea this was going on, and was starting to wonder after seeing this one and landarcs!:becky:

Very nice both of you!:thumb:

Last edited:
Yes, that post on competition ribs was a Poobah tribute sandwich too. I titled it poorly though. I figured that since Poobah does comps a lot, it was appropos. Nice sandwich Curt, and those fries look great as well.

Great job Curt, and nice thing to do. I suppose I ought to post mine here somewhere as well. :becky:

IMG_1185.jpg

It isn't quite as fancy as yours, but it was a tasty sandwich.

Back