Our First Comp Of The Year

B

Bigjim4x

We just did our first comp of the year. A Texas Gulf Coast BBQ event in Houston called Hold Em & Hit Em. There were 109 teams there. We were lucky enough to get a 7th in Chicken, 8th in Ribs and 12 or 13 in Brisket. It sure was nice to get going for the year. I was a little stir crazy!!!! I couldn't stand to live in a part of the country where we had to go 3 or 4 months for an off season. How do you guy's do it? Is anyone else getting stir crazy?

Yea, if you look around at the posts, most of us are going nuts:rolleyes:

After 5 in row and fickle October weather, you are ready to give it a rest for about 1 Day, but then, by New year's you're goin nuts!!!

Yea Im ready to go and it worse this year with my wife being pregnat. Shes due around a couple of contest I usually do and I and to skip them.

Congrats on a good showing!

Everybody around here is ready for the season to begin!

I got my butt kick this weekend? didn't make final table what big jim didn't tell you was that Smokin Triggers, Johnny Trigg was at this event he place tenth in chicken & fourth in brisket

Way to go Jim! I am going crazy out here. Been buggin Arlieque for details about the first contest in April. If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out!

Bigjim4x said:
We just did our first comp of the year. A Texas Gulf Coast BBQ event in Houston called Hold Em & Hit Em. There were 109 teams there. We were lucky enough to get a 7th in Chicken, 8th in Ribs and 12 or 13 in Brisket. It sure was nice to get going for the year. I was a little stir crazy!!!! I couldn't stand to live in a part of the country where we had to go 3 or 4 months for an off season. How do you guy's do it? Is anyone else getting stir crazy?

Good showing.......Don't rub it in:mad: :biggrin:

Way to go Jim! Our season won't kick off until May 18th. I hope we can do as well as you did.

Great job Jim! We just signed up for our first comp, but have to wait until June :shock: . But that could be a good thing. Need to get our practice time in and make sure we do ok. Somewhere on the Brethren, I saw a saying that I am going to steal "Have fun, but don't come in last". Words to live by.

We only plan on doing 3 comps during the summer. It's just to hot for my fat butt! We will have done 8 by the end of May.

Back