Brisket for today Enough Time??

TactTm1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have a 7 lb brisket that has been marinating siunce Sunday morning.....do you think I have time for a Fast and Hot cook on this for dinner tonight? (about 4 hours)

Thinking of following that last set of posts for temps, etc.
I am concerned that I don't have enough time to properly rest it after getting it up to aroubd that 190 mark. SHould I just hold it for another day?

thoughts...

I would hold it for another day........it could get real if'y in 4 hours......also depending on what you call hot and fast....

UPDATE: I was just cleaning out the BGE and as I was rolling it to the pavement, the nest and Egg turned over and broke the Egg. It is hurting me more than anything because the BGE was an anniversary gift from my late mother.

I guess the brisket wil go into the oven and I will go find a dark place to cry.

UPDATE: I was just cleaning out the BGE and as I was rolling it to the pavement, the nest and Egg turned over and broke the Egg. It is hurting me more than anything because the BGE was an anniversary gift from my late mother.

I guess the brisket wil go into the oven and I will go find a dark place to cry.

What part(s) of the Egg broke?

OUCH!!! That's bad.
Sorry to hear that.

I guess now you can build a UDS - everyone should have one!!

When I returned from my emotional hiatus, my wife and eldest stepson (visiting from the Navy) organized the Egg. It looks like only the main drum is broken. The 'innards' and the top are fine.

I passed by the BGE store and saw a new device that attaches to teh nest for transport, like a heavy duty push handle. Sure with I had that 5 hours ago. A new drum will be about 400 incl tax, but they may try to 'work' with me a bit. The good news is that the majority of the parts are fine, so I can still consider it the grill my Mom bought!

Guess the brisket will see the inside of the regular oven.....

This sucks, I have an old Thermos gasser that was the last gift I got from my mom, it is 11 years old. It is stupid to attach emotional importance to objects, but, somehow it means something to me to have it there. Even as a tool rest.

UPDATE: I was just cleaning out the BGE and as I was rolling it to the pavement, the nest and Egg turned over and broke the Egg.

You just made this grown man shed a tear. Sorry to hear about your egg.

You might go to your local dealer and see if you can get them to call them their BGE contact while you are there to see if you can get a replacement part at cost. I managed to do that with a platesetter that fell off the wall of my upper garden.

This sounds dumb, but I went outside to look to see if there is any other damage and it was tough to look at! Landarc is right that it is just an object, but I am still in a semi-fragile state over this past year.

I will take some photos of a spot where the screw from the ring enters the lid, there appears to be a chip right there, so I will ask the Brethern if that can be repaired/filled if the other screw holes are undamaged. It will be easier to see with the photos.

The dealer said he would 'work with me' on a new drum. Maybe buying the Nest Pusher attachment will help him cut some slack on the price. I don't know the margin on BGE and since there are only 2 places within 80 miles that sell them, I'm not exactly in the driver's seat.

Just how many pieces did it break into? There are construction epoxies and mortars that might allow you to glue it back together, it might not be good for cooking, although a high temp epoxy surely exists. It would make a nice table sitting next to it's twin. You would have the only BGE charcoal holder/prep table I know of.

JB Weld would probably do the job if you could get it clamped down well enough through the curing process.

Believe the max temp for JB weld is 600 degrees. I used it to plug up the leaks of my COS. Worked like a charm so far for me.

BUMMER! Sorry to hear of the ol' Humpty action on the Egg.

Take it from someone who tried and failed to repair a cracked bottom of my Large. Like Landarc said-it might make a nice table (my case). But you may be able to call the Mothership and have them ship one with a distributor order and save on shipping.

Pull towards you, don't push and Egg-handle or not.

Back