• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IT'S ON!! N Tx/ S. Ok Bash Sat Nov 2nd Lake Ray Roberts

Still working on my neighbor...he's not a Brethren but he would fit right in with you farkers, I suspect! ;)

Looks like my new pit is being delivered the day of the bash. Depending on what time delivery is occurring, I am hoping to be able to stop by for a quick "hello."

You should have AJ meet you there, let's get her all seasoned up, and THEN deliver the new rig to your house :wink:

I say we vote on it :biggrin:

What say everyone else? Season Chris's new smoker at the Bash? :biggrin:

My son's a craft beer person and I'm more a bourbon drinker so will be bringing some beers and bourbon.

It is a Brethren Bash tradition to pass the bottle of Cabo Wabo around for a swig. That's all I'm bringing it for.

CD

You should have AJ meet you there, let's get her all seasoned up, and THEN deliver the new rig to your house :wink:

I say we vote on it :biggrin:

What say everyone else? Season Chris's new smoker at the Bash? :biggrin:

I can only imagine how much we would have to pay the rangers to look the other way when we rolled that thing off the truck. My vote is for y'all taking a road trip to help me light her up at my place (you can bring me some grub while you're at it :biggrin1:).

I can only imagine how much we would have to pay the rangers to look the other way when we rolled that thing off the truck. My vote is for y'all taking a road trip to help me light her up at my place (you can bring me some grub while you're at it :biggrin1:).
Wait, who's doing the driving to Princeton and back? CD is bringing Cabo Wabo :wink:

I will bring the Cabo Wabo, or drive. I will not do both. I can't afford the cost of getting caught drinking and driving.

CD

I will bring the Cabo Wabo, or drive. I will not do both. I can't afford the cost of getting caught drinking and driving.

CD
So, sounds like you got shotgun on any riding around, then :wink:

This got all serious all of a sudden :twitch:

I think I'll do some pig shots along with the pork butt. I really dug them this past weekend. Probably do a breakfast fatty, too.

My wife was afraid of fatties due to the appearance of pork fat overload...but one taste and she was sold!

If I make it, I can drive if anything is needed (though there is nothing really close to the park if things are forgotten). I don't drink, so... no issues there.

1.5 weeks away...this list still accurate as well as the Q items?

1. SmittyJonz - Brisket, Pasta Salad
2. peeps - fatty (late breakfast/early lunch), pork butt on the mini, coleslaw, pig shots after the fatty comes off.
3. frognot - chili, MOINK balls, smoked/cajun sausage, possibly brownies
4. caseydog - turkey or turkey legs
5. Totally Basted (Frognot Jr)

I sure wish I had see this earlier, I would really enjoyed coming. If this is a success do you think it could happen each year?

Next weekend forecast is sunny with temp range 50-75 so sounds like great weather for a bash. Gotta dig out my camping gear and work on my packing list.

Looking forward to hanging out with y'all farkers next weekend!

I can bring some stuff to make hotwings

Warning: he can put the hot in "hot wings". He used Golden Toad's Xtinction sauce once (made with ghost peppers) and i was almost knocked over when we opened the lid to the Egg. That was some powerful fumes.
However, the flavor was fantastic but definitely had a kick.

(Gotta give a plug for Golden Toad sauces and rubs; it's mighty fine stuff)

I sure wish I had see this earlier, I would really enjoyed coming. If this is a success do you think it could happen each year?

Sure hope to meet you in the future. We're gonna do our best to have a memorable bash!

Last edited:
Note to self...stay away from the hot wings! :-o

I need to start compiling my list and getting everything piled together, as well.

Well, I just booked a photography shoot for Saturday. It was the only day the owner of the car was available, and I can't turn away work.

Sorry brethren. Looks like someone else will have to pick up the Cabo.

CD

Well, I just booked a photography shoot for Saturday. It was the only day the owner of the car was available, and I can't turn away work.

Sorry brethren. Looks like someone else will have to pick up the Cabo.

CD
Bummer, CD! Was looking forward to meeting you...

I can bring the Cabo...

1. SmittyJonz - Brisket, Pasta Salad
2. peeps - fatty (late breakfast/early lunch), pork butt on the mini, coleslaw, pig shots after the fatty comes off.
3. frognot - chili, MOINK balls, smoked/cajun sausage, possibly brownies
4. Totally Basted (Frognot Jr)

Man it's a Awful Big Pavilion for 4 people! Il have my UDS and my Conversion Cabinet Smoker both.

Back