BBQ Brethren "I'd never eat that! (Innards)" Throwdown

Ditto - talk about smelling nasty when they cook...phew

Bob - I'm sorry but no innards for me.
no livers
no gizzards
no organs (heart, lungs, etc)
no brains

Of course I am not naive enough to not realize that most commercial sausage, ground beef, etc. contains offal, so it must be texture thing.

Now if we can include spam, vienna sausages, and other chunks of mystery meat that consists mostly offal, then maybe i can get excited about that prospect.

I wanna know who's gonna make some REAL boudin sausage and then smoke it!!:twisted:

I know offal sounds awful.......for most, offal is a taste, texture, and mental thing. They can't get past it for one or all three. Done right, and prepped right, with the right ingredients, they can be some good eats and most times you wouldn't know what it was until they told ya.:wink:

I wanna know who's gonna make some REAL boudin sausage and then smoke it!!:twisted:

Now your talking!

I wish I could get my hands on some real boudin. The best I ever had came out of a small general store in the middle of the bayou south of Lake Charles, La

Now your talking!

I wish I could get my hands on some real boudin. The best I ever had came out of a small general store in the middle of the bayou south of Lake Charles, La

Heard alot of good things about boudin, never had it. What's in it?

Uhhh....brace yourself

pork blood, pork liver & heart, rice is typical of most Cajun boudin

Wow I've eaten it several times and never knew what was in it till now. It tastes really really good. I'm still gonna eat now that i know anyway. HEB here just starting carrying and making their own boudin. Central market has it also and its excellent.

When I read the throwdown threads I am always going to the fridge to get a snack................tonight ...............not so much.

Fil

This is what I want to do next time we butcher a goat. We usually make a mexican haggis called pancita...Man does it smell when you make it and clean out the stomach. Some times I can't even eat the meat of a goat for a month after making it..Wish I could do this throwdown but that's the only thing I use innards for.
How about some smoked Haggis?

Rumaki (sort of)

Been saving these from beer can chickens for fried chicken livers.
A little cold out there today.

IMG_1087.jpg

Chicken livers and kidneys.

IMG_1077.jpg

On the bacon with some Calenders Greek seasoning.

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

Rolled up with homemade rub.

IMG_1082.jpg

Plated up, use this pick for the throwdown :mrgreen:

IMG_1090.jpg

Liked the liver ones better than the kidney ones. :icon_blush:
Wife wouldn't even try one, said they smelt good though. :lol: :icon_wink

When I (Gore) was found by Master left in a blanket on his doorstep many years ago, he had no experience before with babies. When I (Gore) was teething, he used to make special pacifiers for me. They not only relieved my sore gums, but they made me strong and gave me a taste for smoke. Master wanted to wish congratulations to Chris for his new Baby Lucy:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75281&highlight=bigabyte
He also wanted to show there were no hard feelings after he did penance for his role in the Great Eggplant Deception. He planned to make a special meal for the family during the next throwdown. I (Gore) realize American-style innards (tubesteak) are offal, but there is nothing a bacon-weave cannot improve. Here is homemade winter ale for Chris, bacon-wrapped tube-steak with fried onions and peppers for Mom and a special Fattsifier for Baby Lucy -- it is made with three different sausages and bacon-weave.

IMG_4768.jpg

there is something scary about a tube steak pacifier...

just sayin'

The ones you are calling kidney's are actually gizzards
Been saving these from beer can chickens for fried chicken livers.
A little cold out there today.

IMG_1087.jpg

Chicken livers and kidneys.

IMG_1077.jpg

On the bacon with some Calenders Greek seasoning.

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

Rolled up with homemade rub.

IMG_1082.jpg

Plated up, use this pick for the throwdown :mrgreen:

IMG_1090.jpg

Liked the liver ones better than the kidney ones. :icon_blush:
Wife wouldn't even try one, said they smelt good though. :lol: :icon_wink

A Tongue Taco, you say...

Picture002.jpg

Placed into some salt water and turned around for just a second and the darn thing was trying to crawl out.

Picture020-1.jpg

So I smacked it once and covered it with water and stuck it in the fridge overnight. Simmered it for 2 hours and skinned the devil.

Picture075.jpg

Threw it on the Egg for about an hour and a half.

Picture100-2.jpg

Removed from Egg and threw onto the Weber for a couple minutes.

Picture127-1.jpg

Sliced and Chopped a few pieces.

Picture133.jpg

Picture142-1.jpg

The Taco, Throwdown Pic.

Picture213.jpg

Back