Never trust a skinny cook

rooftop bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Never trust a skinny cook. I've heard this said quite a bit at competitions. Looking at the top in 10 KCBS, what do you think the average weight is. Is their any truth to this saying

The saying does not say skinny cooks don't win. Just don't trust them. lol. keith

I'd say the top 6 currently are under 200 or about that..what defines skinny?..I'm 6'4" and 280 do I count as skinny?.

After meeting Tuffy in DC last month....our team is on a diet!

Skinny cooks may in fact know good vs. bad food better....Perhaps they don't just eat it all, like me!

I agree with the saying. How can they know how to cook, if they don't know how to eat? Now my aunt use to tell me, "never trust a woman who doesn't like seafood."

On our team we often joke about this as I only weigh about 165 pounds. However we are also not one of the top teams by any stretch.

You might be surprised how many people ask "you know what they say about skinny cooks don't you?"

Uh....duh, yeah. Why else would we call our team 2 Skinny Cooks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

There seams to be a correlation in Michigan...I've used the term ABS (Average Barbequer Size). :wink:

The way I heard it was, "Never trust a cook that doesn't drink." I wonder how that stacks up against the top ten cooks...
By the way, I'm not skinny 6'3" and >300lbs and you can trust me, to take a drink or two or three or four or five or six...........

I am 5'10 215lbs..my pops is 5'5 130...lol. At least 1 of us qualifies. Drinking is another thing...I don't drink...anymore at least:) I used to buy my capt and coke in pitchers with a straw at the bars.

Well...up till a month or two ago, I was 6'6" and 205. Now around 185.....that's pretty skinny by any standard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Back