• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

sorry, im ignorant to comps...but

You can not remove the meat from the original packaging until it has been inspected. No trimming, seasoning, brining, etc.

For KCBS you can trim, but nothing else. I always keep the label of the original package and put it with the meat ( I use the big 2 gallon zip lock bags). I've never had a problem with the meat inspectors. Now having said all this I probably will:wink:

Yea, you want a fire extinguisher, extension cords, surge protector, water hose, hose Y, etc....

To answer your earlier question, yes, the 4 meats are Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket

Say with Pork Shoulder - my butcher at the moment sells them already out of package; I am waiting to find out if I can get a pack before they open it but say for comps other than KCBS, is Pork Shoulder from the butcher wrapped in the parchment paper sufficient?

Say with Pork Shoulder - my butcher at the moment sells them already out of package; I am waiting to find out if I can get a pack before they open it but say for comps other than KCBS, is Pork Shoulder from the butcher wrapped in the parchment paper sufficient?

It can be wrapped in Christmas paper :wink: as long as they can open it up to inspect it...

Gerry
As Tim mentioned above, if you can hook up with a team and help for a comp or two you'll be much farther ahead. Also, different BBQ Comp Associations have different rules so it's to your benefit to study the rules over & over. Cheers!!!

For KCBS you can trim, but nothing else. I always keep the label of the original package and put it with the meat ( I use the big 2 gallon zip lock bags). I've never had a problem with the meat inspectors. Now having said all this I probably will:wink:

If I did that with my chicken the could be looking at some old dates that they wouldn't understand.

I normally trim as much of my chicken for the season in January and February and then freeze it at 15 to 20* below zero. If I were to have the label on it for this weekends cook it would show close to 9 months out of date.

Back