1 Tblsp dried thyme
1 Tblsp ground ginger

Roast with rub on it
roundroast.jpeg

After 1hr on grill
IMG_0370.jpg

Finished Product
IMG_0375.jpg

Football Guru, I use a similar rub on beef. The round roast looks good. How long did you cook it and how did you serve it? Did you shred or slice and use it in a sandwich or fajita? What is that vent pipe used for? Thanks for posting.

Football Guru, I use a similar rub on beef. The round roast looks good. How long did you cook it and how did you serve it? Did you shred or slice and use it in a sandwich or fajita? What is that vent pipe used for? Thanks for posting.

I cooked it for 3 hours at 250 degrees then I wrapped it in foils and a couple towels and placed in a cooler for 45 minutes. Treated it like a brisket. I sliced it, my wife made a sandwich and I ate the slices.

The vent pipe is part of some mods I did to my smoker so I can get even temps across the entire cooking surface. I have a Brinkman TLE. along with sealing it so it has no leaks, I made a deflector plate for the hole from the firebox to the grill, have 8 red bricks in the bottom to help stablelize the temps, and the vent pipe is a flex tube for a dryer that I place in there and extended down to grill level to make the chamber of the grill fill with heat and smoke at the meat level before it exhausts. As you know heat and smoke rises to the top and will go out of the exhaust hole, this helps to give a more consistent temp and cook. I also placed to thermo's at grill level in the door/lid of my smoker.

Looks good. I prefer to smoke round roasts to mid-rare or medium as it's a very lean cut. Basically, treat it like it's a Tri Tip, though it will have a little more chew.

Looks good. I prefer to smoke round roasts to mid-rare or medium as it's a very lean cut. Basically, treat it like it's a Tri Tip, though it will have a little more chew.

you know when I removed it it was cooked to medium and allowing it to sit in the color wrapped in foil finished it off.
I personally like my beef with little to no pink

Back