The Turkey Leftover Thread...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yep...it's inevitable...there has to be a turkey leftover thread...might as well start one...here's my wife's plan for our leftovers...:cool:

Saturday...Turkey Cobb Salads
Sunday...Turkey Crepes

The rest (if any) gets vacu-sucked and frozen for chili...:becky:

Sandwiches today and that will probably end it for 34 lbs of turkey. If any is left over, vac seal for turkey pot pie later. Yes I had 20 people in my house for dinner yesterday, 11 house guests go home tomorrow, I can't wait !!!!!

My son has already asked 3 times when I was making "Hot Browns" today.

DSC_0243resized.jpg

(pic from last year, I think)

It's our hands down favorite.

Since we cooked ours on Sunday, we're already well into leftovers. Soup was made from the carcass, leftover plates that closely resembled that original meal were made until the rest of the leftovers ran out, sandwiches have been made, and turkey enchilasagna is on the menu for today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring... :confused:

Turkey soup of course- and at the wifes request, turkey caserole.

DSCF5755.jpg

DSCF5760.jpg

DSCF5772.jpg

My favorites are turkey salad, turkey SOS and turkey pot pie.

If any is left over I make a sandwich...

I'm sure this comes as a surprise to no one, but down here the common tradition is Turkey Gumbo!

I was going to make soup but,My younger cousins stole all my left over turkey:mad2:

Turkey Gumbo.....best I've ever made. Pinto beans and Ham for the leftover ham. No pics, camara was in the car with my wife. Turkey sandwich for lunch and saving the rest for turkey pot pies.

I know the wife has planned turkey enchiladas for this week. I'd like to so some creamed turkey gravy & toast (SOS), may trie a pot pie too.

LOVE leftover turkey!

Great thread JD!:thumb:

Definitely, some Kentucky Hot Brown maybe with some city/country ham

I chopped up some white meat, and mixed it with Duke's mayo, and some Tabasco Chipotle sauce. Out-stinkin'-standing!

Tried this the first time I made turkey on my BGE. Sounds good, but tastes amazing. I left out the pineapple. You don't need it. Tastes even better the second day!

Turkey Curry

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons curry powder
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups chicken broth
1 can (8 to 9 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
3 cups cooked diced turkey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
hot cooked rice
Preparation:
In a large skillet, heat curry powder in butter, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in onions; continue
cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are softened. Blend in flour and ginger; add chicken broth
and pineapple. Heat to boiling; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Stir in turkey. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice.
Serve with hot cooked rice.
Serves 4.

Back