Question for PK Grill Owners

My Mom had one of the ORIGINAL ones,it was just a grill to us.I ran into it with my bike and thumped it over and broke it. Never had a steak that special again.Funny how memories haunt the soul.

I reached out to the maker of the Vortex about what size for a PK. We had a great conversation it turns out he has a PK and the Vortex doesn't work like it does on a Weber. No Vortex wings.

I gave my PK Classic to my brother because I preferred my Weber Kettle to it. Something that really annoyed me about the PK is that you have to pay extra for a SS grate. Not cool when the grill is already over 400 bucks. I had the grill grates, but honestly wouldn’t buy them again. They’re great for sear marks if that’s something you’re into, I prefer cooking on the SS grate.

On a side note, I feel that the 360 is way expensive for something made in China. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really off topic based on the original questions, but I am just curious.

What Weber Kettle comes with a stainless grate? As far as I know they come standard with a plated steel grate and stainless is an additional cost option.

What Ron said. All of it.

I have had good luck with briskets on mine, but I separate flat and point and use the extra rack.
I cook on a PK Classic at the lake and never thought there was room for a brisket, at least not a 14 lb packer. Separate and use an extra rack? Might be an interesting experiment.

You will love it. I have the original with Grill Grates. It does not take a lot of fuel to get them crazy hot. The first few times I used it I was running way too hot so I had to close it down and wait a bit. After a few cooks I dialed it in and now I can fill my chimney to the desired level and roughly hit my desired temp based on lit coals.

Enjoy!

I think PK grills are great. They hold heat very well and are pretty easy to dial in. They also don't use much charcoal. I prefer the 360 over the classic for the many upgrades it has. Your wife sounds like a keeper.

I think PK grills are great. They hold heat very well and are pretty easy to dial in. They also don't use much charcoal. I prefer the 360 over the classic for the many upgrades it has. Your wife sounds like a keeper.

Most definitely...:grin:

I just picked up a very slight used Classic PK today....... been looking for months for a used one. I have two Eggs, a PBC, a Webber with SlowNSear plus my LSG vertical offset BUT wanted this classic grill just for hot and fast steak. The guy I bought it from bought his first one in the 50's for $35. He is 91 years old. The grill is in amazing condition. Steaks tonight!

I just picked up a very slight used Classic PK today....... been looking for months for a used one. I have two Eggs, a PBC, a Webber with SlowNSear plus my LSG vertical offset BUT wanted this classic grill just for hot and fast steak. The guy I bought it from bought his first one in the 50's for $35. He is 91 years old. The grill is in amazing condition. Steaks tonight!

Congratulations, mine is expected to arrive tomorrow by "End of Day".

Thanks, but you are getting a 360, right? If I did not have the Weber, BGE, etc., I would be an owner of the 360. They have them at a dealer about two miles from me so I have examined them many times. Wow!

Make sure to let us see your new PK when it gets delivered tomorrow, Bill.

Thanks, but you are getting a 360, right? If I did not have the Weber, BGE, etc., I would be an owner of the 360. They have them at a dealer about two miles from me so I have examined them many times. Wow!

Make sure to let us see your new PK when it gets delivered tomorrow, Bill.

Yup a 360, will most definitely share a pic or two of the new arrival.

Back