Superbowl MOINK Ball Certification Thread

MOINK!
024.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

041-1.jpg

Go Packers!

I did my first Moink balls yesterday for the big game. Let's just say...WOW!

Definitely a big hit with everybody.

I have no idea why it took me so long to make some Moink balls, but these will most likely become a staple item when I fire up the grill or smoker.

OKAY PEOPLE, I'M SAYING THIS LOUDLY SO YOU CAN ALL HEAR ME - I KNOW YOU ALL PROBABLY HAVE RINGING EARS AFTER THE GAME YESTERDAY. IT IS NOT Moink!!! IT IS MOINK! Capitals! THANK YOU!

Yeppers, I can attest to that. Still waiting from World MOINK ball day.:becky:

Not the same thing. ALL of those went out three or four days after the event. If you didn't get one a simple email would have rectified that situation.

Please get your entries in soon. I'll get ALL the remaining certificates out this week. Thanks for participating in the last MOINK Ball Certification Thread...

Those look good. The bacon looks different than what I usually get. Nice.
Did you use a rub? What sauce? They look tasty.
It was a great day in spite of the game!!
SuperBowl2011006.jpg

SuperBowl2011015.jpg

SuperBowl2011017.jpg

Larry, the LAST certification thread? Say it ain't so.

Thanks for all you do to bring your creation to the taste buds of the world - and for creating this fun and entertaining certification system. I have been told my whole life that I am certifiable, now, thanks to you, I have proof. :)

Those look good. The bacon looks different than what I usually get. Nice.
Did you use a rub? What sauce? They look tasty.

That bacon was a little different. It was supposed to be some special gormet bacon that was given to me by some friends in appreciation for cooking for them once. It is very good but a little hard to work with. It tears easily. I did sprinkle with a rub after I put them on the grill. The sauce was my standard rib sauce that I make, kind of sweet. Thanks for the comments.

Not the same thing. ALL of those went out three or four days after the event. If you didn't get one a simple email would have rectified that situation.

Actually it had slipped my mind. I'm perfectly happy just making and eating MOINK, certificate or no.:thumb:

Well, since the Super Bowl was in North Texas....

and I didn't really have a horse in that race especially, I did make some brisket chili, pulled-pork enchiladas AND some more MOINKS!
(They were a big hit and awesome as usual.)
I was rooting for the Packers however despite the Ice Bowl, Steelers have given me too many fits over the years to this old Cowboy fan.

Attachments

• Ingredients du MOINKS.jpg
    Ingredients du MOINKS.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 107
  • MOINKS assembled pre-cook.jpg
    MOINKS assembled pre-cook.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Super Bowl XLV MOINK Balls.jpg
    Super Bowl XLV MOINK Balls.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 105
I was trying to do food or beverage that would represent each team and where the game was held. In my research I found out that Wisconsin produces the most cranberries. So, I did Wisconsin MOINKs. First dusted with Mister Bob's spice rub. Finished with my homemade cranberry bbq sauce. Eveybody went crazy for them.
MOINK001.jpg

MOINK002.jpg

I was trying to do food or beverage that would represent each team and where the game was held. In my research I found out that Wisconsin produces the most cranberries. So, I did Wisconsin MOINKs. First dusted with Mister Bob's spice rub. Finished with my homemade cranberry bbq sauce. Eveybody went crazy for them.

Nice job J! Coincidentally, I used the same rub on mine yesterday! Here's how they turned out.

PearStuffedPorkLoin800x5320000020.jpg

PearStuffedPorkLoin800x5320000021.jpg

Let me try again!

Attachments

• DSCN1051.jpg
    DSCN1051.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1058.jpg
    DSCN1058.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN1062.jpg
    DSCN1062.jpg