"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

It the North Texas Bash, so smell for us!

Tonight I'm doing chicken thighs, corn on the cob and zucchini.

Tomorrow I'm doing 2 naked fatties with biscuits, a lamb loaf, and bourbon pecan pie.

No smoking for me at the bash, but I'll help as needed and eat plenty. Bringing supplies, potato salad and pretzel salad.

Brisket and ribs at the bash tomorrow, grilling up a week's worth of meats on Sunday.

This past week was my last week working Sun-Thurs. Starting next week, I go M-F. Usually, my wife and daughter have yoga class on Sundays and my mom ends up watching our 10 month old twins. She does this as a Grandma favor and it's more of a treat for her than it is a chore, but she still does it for free and this weekend we'll be showing our thanks.

So, I'm going tomorrow morning to pick up 4 whole chickens and ingredients to make a brine to start after I get back from the store. Late morning Sunday I'll spatchcock them, rub them, and throw them on the UDS. I think I'll probably sauce/glaze two of them, leave the other two dry.

Back at ya there Phu!

Just some spares today, and maybe grind a little sausage up tomorrow.

Picked up this Bad Boy yesterday. Seasoned it up, and gunna christen it with some yard bird tonight, and maybe a brisket tomorrow.

Today couple racks of spare ribs. Sat night for Sunday lunch brisket. And painting the kitchen in between

Doing a couple of racks of Baby Backs tomorrow. Smoking 2 loaf pan chickens Sunday. Haven't decided on what sides for them yet. And of course the obligatory alcoholic beverages ! :grin:

Going to try my luck on some pork burnt ends. Have been on my mind since seeing a post.

Going to take my first shot at a Brisket on Sunday. Might become the new Masters Sunday tradition if it works out.

Dunno yet. Gonna go see the butcher to get some chuck to grind Phor burgers tonight (will be adding pork rib meat in there) and while I'm there I'll see what looks good.

Have a great weekend!

Here's whats Phlying over Utrecht this weekend:

Flag-Pins-Netherlands-Great-Britain.jpg

Ribs and Chicken. It's officially competition practice. But really it's just an excuse for smoking something.

Been smoking / grill meals every other day this week. Will probably just do some burgers tomorrow. Sunday, I think I'll make Carnitas, but I do those on the stove...

Practicing some thighs today in the onyx. Beautiful day to be cooking.

Inaugural run for 2014 (I know, sad, right?).

6 full racks of baby backs on the Brinkmann. It's tight on 15" grates but they all fit if you cut and use rib racks.

Don't knock me for the baby backs; I'm still a novice and didn't know until recently I can St. Louis Style cut spare ribs. Next run...

Picking up UDS drums Monday so 2nd run in a couple weeks; hopefully.

Back