Maiden Spicewine cook PRON

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Finally got to fire up the new to me Medium Spicewine after the rain today. Cooked a fatty for my 5 year old boy. Some small sausage links I picked up in MS. Dinner was pork steaks, pork chops and beans.

Chugging along in the driveway.
DSCN4771.jpg

DSCN4769.jpg

Can you see the sweet blue of cherry?
DSCN4785.jpg

Fatty on the rack, then sliced.
DSCN4770.jpg

DSCN4774.jpg

Sausage about the diameter of a finger.
DSCN4767.jpg

Pork steaks on the grate.
DSCN4786.jpg

And resting before serving.
DSCN4798.jpg

Pork chops were great. Just a simple brine for 6 hours and a little Klose pork rub.
DSCN4796.jpg

And some Bush's beans kicked up with some bbq sauce, rub and cherry smoke. See the dark spots? That's the crust that formed in the smoker.
DSCN4797.jpg

Turned out to be a damn fine meal. In-laws and wife loved everything. I think the chops were the best. Really juicy and flavorful for $4.50...

Think I'll keep the Spicewine.:thumb::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wow, those Spicewines are beeyootiful and that good looks great.

Nice job on the first cook Ty !!

(just a note that a 225 door temp is hotter inside. More like 240 in the middle on the middle rack and a bit hotter in the rear and higher shelves. I think that's a plus as it gives you options).

Great looking food, and that smoker sure is nice and shiny!:cool:

Nice job on the first cook Ty !!

(just a note that a 225 door temp is hotter inside. More like 240 in the middle on the middle rack and a bit hotter in the rear and higher shelves. I think that's a plus as it gives you options).

Yep, I charted the temps of each of the 5 shelf levels to get an idea of temp differences. Next time, I'll check rear and front temps.

I made a row of charcoal and lit the middle with a weed burner. I got about 7 hours on about 10lbs of rancher. And a handful of chunks.

Congrats on your fist cook with the Spicewine.
It's an amazing cooker.

Spice boxes rock! I've had one on my wishlist for years but my wife gets me a farkin new grill brush every year. Congrats!

Congrats on the new cooker. I know how you must feel, I'm doing the maiden comp cook on a new Stumps Stretch as we speak. Have 2 weeks 'till out first comp of the year. Good luck and congrats.

Wow, those Spicewines are beeyootiful and that good looks great.
Come on Bob! How the hell does the "good" look great? Huh? Tell me that?:laugh:

Hey thillin! Great looking food and one sweet cooker!

Last half of a porkchop for breakfast. Still great heated up. No PRON, so does that mean the calories didn't count?:laugh:

Brilliant!!!

I need a Spice box and I need it in red. :)

Oh man that all looks good.... MMMMMMM......mmmmmmmm :clap2:

Thats one fine smoker.... nice ...... :-D

Makes me wanna break out like the song goes. I got the smoke on! I got the Smoke on! Great Job!:thumb:

You're killing me...That was supposed to be my Spice box...If I had my tax return sooner, it would have been. Some dumb arse e-filed using my wife's ssn. It wouldn't let me e-file after that. Had to mail them in and still waiting. :mad2: Seriously though...great looking cooker and meal.

Back