View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy-O View Post
When you serve your pulled pork, do any of you ever sauce the pork in the pan after pulling it? (Mix sauce or something else with the meat before serving it)

Or do you just pull it, and let people add sauce to the sandwich if they choose.

I have a bunch of ppl coming over Saturday. I am smoking a few butts & pulling Friday (so I dont have to mess around with it on Sat.). My intention is to warm the pulled pork saturday before serving. I am ikind of concerned that the meat will be dry if I smoke it and pull it the day before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Like others said above, I provide multiple sauces, so we dont sauce the meat itself. Plus there are folks who can eat the meat but not the sauce...

If you're cooking Friday evening/night, I suggest wrapping them in foil and then wrapping them in towels, putting them in a warmer (cooler without any ice) overnight. The next morning they'll still be hot as **** and burning your fingers when you pull it.

Or, the bag sealed with some apple juice works (as described above). I suggest that you dont pull it Friday night; it will be dry. Mind you, worse things have happened in the scheme of life, but it'll be better if you pull it Saturday.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->