Are you drinking beer or whiskey?

Beer! Fark, that's what I need. I haven't had a beer in ... I don't even know how long. :shocked: Why don't we have a beer throwdown sometime? ... Oh, yeah, I guess we're always throwing down beers. :icon_blush: It's just a thought... better than this stupid entish TD that somebody called. Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

Beer! Fark, that's what I need. I haven't had a beer in ... I don't even know how long. :shocked: Why don't we have a beer throwdown sometime? ... Oh, yeah, I guess we're always throwing down beers. :icon_blush: It's just a thought... better than this stupid entish TD that somebody called. Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

I have no idea what you are talking about but a beer throwdown sounds like a mighty fine idea.

Fantastic looking cheese, CD!

So were you happy with the results of the homemade can smoker, and would you do it again?

The can smoker exceeded my expectations. Once again, I did not create it. I don't know who originally came up with the idea, but I found it on this forum.

I absolutely will be using it again.

Seriously, when I pulled the cheese off of the smoker, and smelled it, I thought I had ruined it. But, once I let it rest, and sliced it and tasted it, it was a really subtle, yet definitely noticeable smoke flavor.

I want to try it on some more kinds of cheese. Since it worked best for my tastes with the Gouda and the Swiss, I want to try it on similar mild cheeses.

I don't think I would have liked it on a really sharp cheese. The Cheddar I used was medium-sharp. I'd go with a mild Cheddar next time. On a sharper cheese, I think the cheese and the smoke fight each other for dominance.

CD

I just realized that somebody submitted a picture that was in focus.:der: What the fark is with that?:mad: You guys are setting the bar WAY too high for me. I'm taking my cheese wheel, and I'm going home.

Fine, be a crybaby. We'll just play without you, call you childish names, and make fun of you. :moon:

CD

:laugh:

Neither... I was having a hard time posting what I wanted to say and ended up with the brain pain... :doh:

I know the feeling, brethren, my brain hurts a lot when I hang out in this forum -- especially when Gore posts more than a couple of sentences.

CD :becky:

Gheesh, and I've been trying to keep the words to under 3 syllables for you too. :heh:

Actually, I am fine with three syllables. I still struggle with four syllables -- and those Eastern European words with eleven farking consonants and one vowel.

CD

Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

Ents as a rule don't normally BBQ, but they have been known to enjoy copious amounts of cold smoked nitrogen and a healthy dose of liquified spam. Hey hold on here... :tsk: I see what you are trying to do. :doh: I draw the line at Cheesy Lembas bread and a side of Curried Eggplant Stuffed Mutton. You're on your farkin own for the Ent slop! :mad:

Ents as a rule don't normally BBQ, but they have been known to enjoy copious amounts of cold smoked nitrogen and a healthy dose of liquified spam. Hey hold on here... :tsk: I see what you are trying to do. :doh: I draw the line at Cheesy Lembas bread and a side of Curried Eggplant Stuffed Mutton. You're on your farkin own for the Ent slop! :mad:

Curses, foiled again. :tsk:

I want to try it on some more kinds of cheese. Since it worked best for my tastes with the Gouda and the Swiss, I want to try it on similar mild cheeses.

I don't think I would have liked it on a really sharp cheese. The Cheddar I used was medium-sharp. I'd go with a mild Cheddar next time. On a sharper cheese, I think the cheese and the smoke fight each other for dominance.

CD
I tend to agree. I still smoke sharp cheddar and sharp provolone on occasion, but the "creamier" cheeses are what really seem to shine with smoke in my opinion. I really like smoked havarti (non-dilled). Just my tastes, not all may agree.

Friday night and still no idea what I want to do. At this point I am thinking tri tip and hoping the voters will be gentle. :tsk:

I've never had tri-tip cheese. What's it like?

CD :becky:

Back