Reheating Brisket

chili50

Found some matches.
I just made and sliced about 40 lb's of brisket to be served next saturday. What is the best way to reheat without drying out. Thank You Bear

Vacuum seal it and reheat it in 130-140 degree water. Grsnted, I do mine in a much smaller quantity so 40lbs might be challenging.

I've had good results putting sealed vacuum bags in boiling water but as mentioned 40# could be a challenge. I did an interesting experiment last week that worked out really good and would work for that much sclced. I put sliced left over brisket in a service pan with a rack in the bottom (to elevate the brisket about 1/2" off the bottom of the pan) then I made some beef au jus using the concentrated paste stuff in a jar, and added to the pan under the brisket. Sealed tightly with foil and reheated in a 250* oven for an hour. The brisket was very good and not dried out plus the au jus was a tasty bonus.

I know it is too late, but best thing is to not slice it until ready to serve. Reheating it whole will retain the moisture a lot better.
^^^^:thumb:

I made some beef au jus using the concentrated paste stuff in a jar, and added to the pan under the brisket. Sealed tightly with foil and reheated in a 250* oven for an hour.

Creative^^^^

I haven't had to do 40 pounds worth before. But when I made a 16 pounder for the Super Bowl party at the local bar, I cooked it, sliced it, and threw it into my big crock pot with the remaining juices and a little beef broth. I knew I didn't want to be standing there slicing as we went. Put the crock pot on warm and we ate it many hours later. I got lots of compliments on how tender, juicy, and flavorful it was.

Back