BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Anything Goes"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[size=+2]"Anything Goes"[/size]
foar01_bbq.jpg

Photo from www.cookiemag.com

This week is an open category. You can cook anything you like so long as it adheres to the rules.

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 5/4 - 5/10 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 5/11.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 5/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 5/17. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Beans throwdown, thirdeye!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

mmmm this one scrares me and excites me! I hope to see some great food, I will enter, but not sure yet what!

Well, I'll be a cooking some BCC's for my Compadre on Saturday. He's off to Glynco, GA. for his US Customs training. He leaves on the 13th and will be gone till August. Just had to have a little going away dinner for him. Who knows what else will make it onto the pit!!!:twisted:

DSC07593a.jpg

I'll jump into the Anything Goes Throwdown with a pizza from last night that had a little of everything....sausage, onion, jalapeno, roasted garlic, a layer of spinach and two kinds of cheese. The top photo will be my entry.

DSC07592aa.jpg

DSC07593a.jpg

I'll jump into the Anything Goes Throwdown with a pizza from last night that had a little of everything....sausage, onion, jalapeno, roasted garlic, a layer of spinach and two kinds of cheese. The top photo will be my entry.

DSC07592aa.jpg
I await the day I can meet you thirdeye so I can eat some great grub!

Excellent... cooked this on the 4th so I guess I can use it :) My first ever throwdown entry.

Cheese filled Fattie wrapped in a Bacon wave and rolled in dark brown sugar before being smoked with a mix of mostly Cherry with a bit of Hickory thrown in.

112201607.jpg

112201608.jpg

nice pizza!
i would have thought you would have used three cheeses :biggrin:

that looks like the crusts we use at vinny's. it gets cracker crispy. what kind is it?

Did a couple chunks of Tuna on the Performer tonight. Marinated a couple of hours in olive oil, worcestershire sauce, fresh squeezed lemon, sea salt and ground pepper.

Please use this photo.
P5080008.jpg

P5080002.jpg

P5080003.jpg

P5080006.jpg

Last edited:
Brat Burgers n Chili Peppers

I haven't submitted anything for a few weeks, but thought I would simply because this was something different for our house.

I found Johnsonville Brat Patties at the local Safeway. I had not seen them before. They are already in quarter pound patties, so I figured what the heck, let's have some Brat Burgers! The top one is my entry, the others are in case you missed my thread on these.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 350
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 351
That's it - I'm cooking ribs tomorrow!

Well, the plan was to make BCC's for my Compadre since he's off to Glynco, GA for US Customs training................I COULDN'T FIND ANY WHOLE FRYERS TO SAVE MY ARSE!!! Matter of fact Wally's didn't even have any fricken tomatoes either............WTF. Can't wait till my mater plants kick in. So I went with plant B........Sexy Thighs and Legs!!:twisted: SLow and Low for 2.5 hours, and gave them a little bit of Pappy's and beerBQue sauce glaze. Best damn bird I've made. The compliments were awesome. Every piece was dripping with juice and flavor.

3516725475_fd09bb815f_b.jpg

better cam shots than bbq & i gotta fix this prollem quickfast..
there goes a new pit... i need a better camera & photo lessons......
great chit all....but ya all suck btw
:icon_blush:

Double Chocolate Rum Cake on the BGE
IMG_2828-1.jpg

Added a raspberry sauce

IMG_2841.jpg

Then added a chocolate glaze
IMG_2844.jpg

Getting’ ready to dig in
IMG_2851.jpg

Back