• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grill art

FourEyes45

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I want to put my college mascot vinyl picture on the Grill-smoker ANY ideas how to mount them so they will not burn off??? I can not draw or paint for a hoot..it will cost to much to have someone to paint them on..
Thanks Gang for any help

You could trace the sticker onto aluminum flashing, cut the pattern, drill some holes in the flashing, use countersunk bolts and some washers to make it stand off the door of your cooker. The countersunk bolts once tightened might get closed to being flush with teh flashing so there are no lumps once you put the decal on. Buy a few decals in case they get faded, damaged, etc. Then put some auto door edge trim around the perimeter to clean up the look.

If you want to do it in paint, put masking tape on the smoker where you are going to paint the logo/mascot and then put sticker over top. Take an exacto blade and start cutting out what you want to be in paint. then spray paint and let ry then pull off the masking. I did free hand flames that way on my ECB. if you are sloppy and worried about overspray. mask the rest of the rest of the smoker with news paper.

You could trace the sticker onto aluminum flashing, cut the pattern, drill some holes in the flashing, use countersunk bolts and some washers to make it stand off the door of your cooker. The countersunk bolts once tightened might get closed to being flush with teh flashing so there are no lumps once you put the decal on. Buy a few decals in case they get faded, damaged, etc. Then put some auto door edge trim around the perimeter to clean up the look.

I've been wanting to do the same thing with some decals my uncle made me - thank you for the idea. I hadn't thought about making a stand off piece of aluminum to place the decal on.

I've been wanting to do the same thing with some decals my uncle made me - thank you for the idea. I hadn't thought about making a stand off piece of aluminum to place the decal on.
Keep in mind I was just shooting from the hip trying to think of a way it might work easily for someone without much experience doing something like this. It might need further critical thinking to get it to turn out well.

The aluminum plate idea might work and you can buy little stand offs made for electronics at radio shack or the the like. I would do a test first before I used the good decal due to the fact that aluminum transfers heat really well and may get to hot depending on where you put it.

Back