View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #70
TheMidnightSmoker
On the road to being a farker

Perfect timing reading this thread. I have been doing small drop off catering gigs using just my Jumbo BDS but next season I want to step it up and do medium to large size on-site gigs. I have kicked around all kinds of cookers from the Spicewine trailer to the Lang 84. I have likes and dislikes about each one. I need a cooker I can keep in my garage so it will be safe and sound. My issue with the Lang is that Wood is not as available here in Northern California as it is in most of your areas. Clean-up might be a bit of a hassle also. My issue with the Spicewine is that I am a traditionalist and I can’t get past the thought that it looks more like an oven then a smoker. Don’t get me wrong, there are many things I like about each of these cookers and I would be happy with either one I’m sure.
So let me throw another cooker into the mix. I am seriously looking at the Meadow Creek Pig Roaster trailer. It burns charcoal that is laid flat cross the bottom so the heat should be pretty well balanced. With the second rack the capacity is very good, and it cooks all meats, not just whole hogs. It has a full length drip pan that directs the dripping out of the cooker and it looks more traditional then the cabinet cookers. I have read reviews stating it easy to keep a steady temp and the burn time is long. With the upgraded extra doors and smoke stacks I think it would help with the “Show” aspect of the event. Any opinions?
TheMidnightSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote