• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reheating Help

AMoore

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I know that the best time to eat ribs is when they are cooked. However, I have made some for a friend of mine who is hosting a birthday party for her dad. She asked me to make some ribs for her party. I cooked them tonight and she is picking them up for tomorrow. Should I advise her in any way particular to reheat them tomorrow? I was thinking 250 for about 30 minutes in foil with a coating of sauce. Your thoughts????

I usually go wrapped in foil @ 225 till they are warm - 30 minutes doesn't see long enough - probably closer to an hour. Leave the sauce off and let then decide if they want to sauce at the table.

I pre-smoke ribs for camping, tailgates, etc. and heat up and glaze on a weber grill. works great. I do vacuum seal them in the interim.

I tried reheating vacuum sealed ribs in boiling water once. It works great for pulled pork butt for me, the ribs turned out way over done and soft. Wrapped in the oven is a good choice.

On the grill or under the broiler. They won't take long...a few minutes. An hour to reheat ribs? Nah...I'll go for 5-10 minutes.

yup, once they have been properly cooked, all you need is to get them back to serving temp, and on a grill will give a bite to the outside. Also, this is a good time to caramelize the sauce of you are going for a sweet sticky candy effect.

I did a bunch for my engagement party. Day of party I just heated the grill n threw em on. Bout 5 min per side. Nice n hot and they were good. Found out later that i even inspired one of the guests to go buy ribs and try to slow cook em on his grill.

Back