View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc
Default Wicken Yanks "Fatty"

I recently purchased half of a pig from a local farm here in Cambridgeshire and I have more sausage than I know what to do with! Thanks to some inspiration from great threads of months and years past, I thought I'd try making my own "fatty" with some top quality pork.

I took about a pound of the sausage and flattened it out into a basic rectangle, added some onion, jalapeņo, garlic, and decided to only add cheddar cheese to half of it this time around.

I rolled her up in plastic wrap, put her in the fridge for a little bit to firm up, then applied some dry rub all around before I threw her in the smoker with my ribs (from the same pig).

I've got a probe stuck in the top to keep tabs on the temp, and she's sitting in the back of my offset smoker. I'm considering wrapping her in foil after an hour or two to both help speed the cooking and to make sure that nothing can escape.

Thoughts / advice always welcome... I'm a genuine noob at this "Fatty" business, and I look forward to more adventures as I learn the ropes from you veterans.

Kind regards,
SD
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote