View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Metoeric (Eric), Was an MBN comp and yes the reps were there. Dont know about
any suspension, but I dont think so (looking at the teams subsequent results at
other contests). Luckily the cops were very close and got involved about the time
anyone realized that anything was wrong. They prevented it from getting BAD.

It was just sad really, and honestly I'm very disappointed in this person. Acting
like that has NO place in ANY competition. The crowd was pretty large (by most
competition standards), that's why they have a "cant pack up until 6pm" thing
in the competition specific rules. Even then they let the competitors out the
"back door" because the event goes until 2 or 3am with literally THOUSANDS of
people attending.

Nobody was hurt, just a few very startled folks and perhaps a very small bruise
on the one guys arm. The competitor (and I will not list his name) probably had
more bruises from the cops having to hold him. It's like this guy was having
an out-of-body bad experience or something. Normally I'd chalk this up to drinking,
but I honestly dont think this guy drinks. Maybe that's the problem; too pent up...

And, Grail (Larry), I dont think he makes it to California. Was an MBN comp here
in Georgia. To name a name would be to run this guy down. There's no reason
for that, same as there is no reason for this type of behavior to have happened
in the first place. More than anything I'm listing this to let the newer competitors
that this isn't acceptable behavior, and that on any given day you can do great,
and you can do not-so-great, and to not let it get the best of 'ya. Please, none
of the no-pics-didnt-happen. It did. I'm sure, as Rub said, it happens more than
we'd like to think, and by competitors who should know better, too.

Sadly, like I said, he was almost revered around here. From what I understand, that's
completely gone. In talking with the organizer yesterday, they're not asking him back.
It's unlikely he'll want to come back, but as it's sanctioned, unless he misses the 45
team cut, they'll probably have to let him back in if he signs up. In talking with one
of his team members this morning, he hasn't signed up yet and hasn't mentioned it
one way or the other. Something tells me he's going to be put in that faaaaar back
spot all by his little lonesome, right next to the back door, rather than up front in
grand central. His team mates will suffer a little as a result too. They're no longer
"the team". MBN = pretty large teams. Ours has 4 primary cooks, plus 2 or 3 others on ancillaries and another 2 or 3 to help out, and we're a fairly small team.

The only reason I mentioned Myron or his team is that after BBQ PitMasters it would
be possible that someone would think it was him, and it wasn't him at all. While he
sure likes his fancy words, when he's been here (his team is usually here, but
sometimes [like probably this year] he's at another comp) he's always nice and if he
doesn't make finals he's always cheered on his fellow competitors.

I'd rather not mention the comp, but I'm sure there's more than one person here in
Brethren that knows which one I'm referencing. This could happen at most
any comp, and I wouldn't want it to be a reflection of either the comp, venue, and
certainly not the organizer. They put on one helluva show!
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote